Windows 10: Network Printer

Discus and support Network Printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Could someone explain how Windows 10 can discover my printer but I cannot ping it via its IP? The model of my wireless printer is HP P1102w. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gnulab, Aug 29, 2018.

1. gnulab Win User

Network Printer

Hi,

Could someone explain how Windows 10 can discover my printer but I cannot ping it via its IP?

The model of my wireless printer is HP P1102w.

My laptop network config is as follows:
    IP: 192.168.3.169
    Subnet: 255.255.255.224
    Gateway: 192.168.3.161

My printer IP configuration is as follows:
    IP: 192.168.1.18
    Subnet: 255.255.255.255
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    Hostname: NPIB970D3

Both devices are connected to the same AP.

From my computer, I cannot ping to 192.168.1.18.

Yet, when I add printer thru Add Printer settings, Windows 10 discovers my printer thru its hostname.
    Network Printer [​IMG]

Thank you
    Henry

:)

gnulab, Aug 29, 2018

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 29, 2018
  4. BobBarr Win User

Network Printer

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Network Printer

1. Network Printer - Similar Threads - Network Printer

2. Network Printer can't be installed 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer can't be installed 20H2: I have a problem after update the Windows 10 from 1803 to 20H2The Windows can't install the network printers which is through "Group Policy" to install. I open the "Device Manger" and check the driver. It show the below :I also try to update the driver on this printer but it...
  3. HP 2600 series printer not connecting to network since latest update. How do I fix this

HP 2600 series printer not connecting to network since latest update. How do I fix this: How do I get my HP 2600 series printer to work again. Can't print since latest Windows 10 update. It works from all my other devices but from my PC. Have tried everything. Does not connect to network. I use wireless connection only...
  4. Add Network Printer Limit

Add Network Printer Limit: What is the upper limit on the number of Network Printers that I can add to my local Windows 10 laptop? Can I potentially add 10,000 printers and make any one of them the default printer? The idea is to build an RPA bot that can prepare a document and send it for printing to...
  5. Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network: Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does because it sure is NOT my printer ! Cannot remove printer either... Ideas for how do I resolve ( yes rebooted ) ? Running...
  6. Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network

Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network: I have an HP LaserJet printer that I want to move to a different wireless network. Unfortunately, I do not know the old network password to the printer. Everything I can find online gives directions for installing a printer that is already on the same network. I am sure...
  7. Can't remove network printer

Can't remove network printer: In the past when I have a problem with a network printer, I remove it and reinstall it. This time I've done that several times and it still doesn't work. Then I removed it and rebooted and found it was still there. So I see it's a different problem. It's not really getting...
  8. network printer wont install in win10

network printer wont install in win10: Unable to connect my older brother hl-5040 laser printer to new computer running win10-64b,v1909. the printer connects to my old computer (win10-32b) via usb. I set up sharing on it & the new computer sees it but keeps asking for drivers. It doesn't recognize the original...
  9. Add networked win10 printer on XP machine, almost but not quite!?

Add networked win10 printer on XP machine, almost but not quite!?: I've been having a heck of a time trying to add a Windows 10 local printer, as a network printer on a Windows XP machine on the same workgroup. Through reading forums, I've been able to get the computers seen, as well as the printer, but when I go to connect to it on the XP...
  10. Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can

Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can: I have one laptop that is unable to connect or ping devices on the network, of primary concern is a wifi connected printer. Other computers on the network are working just fine; the problem is isolated to just the one computer. Things that have been verified:Problem...