Windows 10: Network printing

Discus and support Network printing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a cannon ir1025/1024/1025 UFII LT network printer. Two Microsoft 10 workstation can print to it. I am attempting to connect a third. The third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeanRed, Jan 18, 2021.

1. DeanRed Win User

Network printing

I have a cannon ir1025/1024/1025 UFII LT network printer. Two Microsoft 10 workstation can print to it. I am attempting to connect a third. The third computer has two users. One can print to the printer and the second user cannot. Are they not using the same printer properties to print. Can you explain this? Also, what setting needs to be change for the second user to print?

:)

DeanRed, Jan 18, 2021

2. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Network Printing Not Working

This page talks about older versions of Windows but may be of help:
    How to Configure a Print Server: 5 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
    I haven't set up a computer as a Print and File Server since the late '90s [in a shop I worked in], trying to recall if it was a Win95, Win98 or Win98SE machine but it was on a WinNT 4 Network. The printer was an HP Laserjet 4, used the Parallel Port.

Berton, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

Network printing

Print Banner

Hi Terri,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is the computer is connected to any domain network?
    • Is the printer is connected locally with the system or shared printer through network?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click the printer you want to manage, and then click Printer properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Disable banner sheet - in Printing Defaults (Advanced tab in printer properties).
    • Also uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
    Please get back to us with the above information to help you further.

Darshan J, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Network printing

1. Network printing - Similar Threads - Network printing

2. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  3. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  4. how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network: how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-files-and-printing-between-win-10-pro/430c90ef-ddf3-4f65-88bb-639000867472
  5. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  6. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  7. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...: Attached is the Hardware Properties report from my settings.Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address MAC: b8:ca:3a:de:4a:4d Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.112.132/16 IPv6 address:...
  8. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...: Attached is the Hardware Properties report from my settings.Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical address MAC: b8:ca:3a:de:4a:4d Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.112.132/16 IPv6 address:...
  9. I'm having a printing issue. My computer and printer are connected to the network as well...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print jobs will not print on Network printer from Windows Desktop, but I can print from...: I have a Windows 11 Desktop. It is connected via Wi-Fi. When I try to print Google Docs document from the Google Chrome Browser to a network HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer, the print job goes to the spooler, but never prints. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, but no...