Windows 10: Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

Discus and support Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sunnyfield47, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 & 8 computers from the W10 one, but the W10 files cannot be accessed by the others, although all PCs show up on the network on each one. The W7 & W8 computers talk to each other with no problem. A printer connected to the W10 PC can be accessed by the others with no problem.

The W10 PC is version 1803, i.e. without the Homegroup function. All PCs have all their latest updates.

I have checked all the settings suggested in other peoples’ advice, such as:

files/folders set to share with ‘Everyone’ and with Full Control;

password protected sharing is off;

network discovery is on;

Function Discovery, SSDP, UPnP Device services are set to automatic & running

I have Norton installed on all of them with ‘Full Trust’ given to all on the network. I tried temporarily turning off the Norton Firewall (Windows Discovery already turned off), but that didn’t solve it.

I have gone over all the settings several times on each device, and restarted them several times, but I am now at a loss what to try next. TIA.

:)

Sunnyfield47, Dec 5, 2018

2. Network driver 'lost' on upgrade from W7 to W10

Just unpacked a new PC (HP Workstation) with W7. Installed OK and everything worked, without issue. Got W7 updates, loaded Office 2016 etc. etc... Then I ticked the box for 'upgrade to W10.

A little over two hours later I had W10. Except....

It seems to have lost the drivers for the Network device. And the only solution it could come up with is to (guess what) connect to the Internet.

It's a tower (so no WiFi).

Anyone got any suggestions?

StephenMatthewsCY, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

More test results:

W7: After creating a Home net group on W10 machine, the W7 machine stated, that there were no Home net group in the system and prompts me to create one. I expected in contrary an order to join one.

W10: After creating from new a Home net group on W7, W10 prompts me to join this one, but ending finally also in a "not found on system"

I removed both Home networks.

W7 explorer shows me the W10 machine, but could´nt access it.

W10 explore showed me the W7 machine, accessable and adding a legitimation for "everybody" on W7 allowed me to open a dataset in the W10 explorer.

Summary:

It was not possible by no means to connect a W10/W7 and a W7/W10 by a Home net group.

By the basic workgroup the W7 explorer showed me the W10 machine, but did´nt allow to acess it, the W10 explorer worked without problems with the W7 machines objects.

hagenvontronje, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

Home Networks or Workgroups connecting W7 W10 systems

I want to discuss possibilities to run home networks between mixed W10 and W7 nodes. My first information was, it is not possible. My own experiments lead to W7 not even recognizes the W10 node connected by the same Workgroup, there was a short time, W7
    recognized but then W10 node again disappeared in the W7´s explorer.

If it is not possible to connect mixed W7 and W10 by an home network, how at least is possible a simple workgroup setup in both systems the same name, even tricky. It seems to me a problem to recognize user accounts crosswise to give access to certain datasets
    on the other machine. Thank you for contributions, I hope I did not overlook a solution already given.

Another Test: Workgroup name the same, Username the same both logged in, password the same, the W10 machine appears at w7´s explorer, but no access allowed from W7´s explorer.

hagenvontronje, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

1. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs - Similar Threads - Network problem between

2. Problem with installing w10 on w7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with installing w10 on w7: Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid...
  3. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's: I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to...
  4. Problems moving data from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving data from W7 to W10: I'm moving my wife's data from her W7 laptop to a W10 laptop (W10 home 1903, build 18362.836) and I'm hitting problems. I've transferred her data fine but: 1. I cannot access her thunderbird profile which is at users/../.../roaming/Thunderbird/profiles/...... I get access...
  5. 2 W10 PCs on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 W10 PCs on home network: Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10 10 ProN 18363.476 Network... Everything worked prior to updating the OS on PC 1 Cable modem to netgear 7900 7900 to PC 1 7900 to netgear Proline to PC 2 Same workgroup both PCs are on a...
  6. USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Video Capture Inconsistencies between W10 and W7: Hi all, Apologies upfront if my information is too sparse but will do my best to capture all relevant information. I have recently purchased the following laptop: HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0162tx Intel® Core™ i7+ 8750H NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti Windows 10 Home...
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. Sharing problems between my PCs

Sharing problems between my PCs: Hello everyone, I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I just reinstalled my laptop and now they cannot see each other. Both PCs are connected to same network and discoverable on...
  9. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  10. Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem: I have 3 PCs 2 Windows 10 Pro called NOVA and VIVA and 1 Windows 10 Home called ACER. Before I upgraded 1 of the Win 10 pro PCs to the adversary update I had Ethernet connection between all PCs. The Windows 10 Pro are called Nova and Viva and the Windows home is called...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local network w7 w10

2. problems networking mixed W7 and W10 WorkGroups