Windows 10: Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

Discus and support Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 latest version, only 3 of my 4 PCs show up in network folder. Can anyone help? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by caleZS, Feb 5, 2021.

1. caleZS Win User

Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 latest version, only 3 of my 4 PCs show up in network folder. Can anyone help? Thanks.

:)

caleZS, Feb 5, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

Problems with Networking went away with 20H2

There have a number of people (including myself) that have posted here about problems with home networking. Ever since I first installed Windows 10 back in 2017 I have been having problems.
    I have three computers networked together
    1. Desktop #1 (wired)
    2. Desktop #2 (wired)
    3. Laptop (wireless)

Problems included:
    1. Computer sometimes could not even ping each other
    2. Even when they could ping each other they did not show up in Windows Explorer > Network

Things improved a little in October when Desktop #1 and Laptop were updated to 20H2. Sometimes I had to run "FDResPub.bat" to get the computers to show up in Windows Explorer > Network. Even when that did not work I could use a desktop shortcut such as "\\Darkmatter" to access the other computers.

Things really improved in November when Desktop #2 was updated to 20H2. Now without doing anything all three computers could see each other in Windows Explorer > Network

My question is this. Did 20H2 improve networking or was there some other update that finally fixed networking?

BTW, I will still keep a folder on my desktop with shortcuts to the other computers. I found that even if a computer was asleep clicking on its shortcut would remotely wake it.

MisterEd, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 5, 2021
  4. Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

1. Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2 - Similar Threads - Network Problem Since

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Windows 10 Version 20H2 not updating

Windows 10 Version 20H2 not updating: I have tried to update to a newer version and get an error code Ox800700c1. Troubleshooter can't identify the problem. Have retried many times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-20h2-not-updating/042f5c5e-825e-47d9-b9c7-dcc30559d776
  4. Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2

Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2: Hi there, I have been experiencing problems with Windows 10 update for a few months ever since I have updated to version 20H2. Basically, when I go to Windows Update I will see the following Error Message: [ATTACH] When I click on Retry, I will see the following for a...
  5. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  6. windows 10 update version 20H2

windows 10 update version 20H2: Trying to install and download the newest windows 10 update and a message appears explaining I need to uninstall VirtualBox to continue Incompatibility with windows 10 . I don't even know what VirtualBox is, I've searched all my files and downloads and it doesn't show up...
  7. Problem updating windows 10 from version 1909 to version 20H2

Problem updating windows 10 from version 1909 to version 20H2: Hello all, I have been working with Windows 10 tech support for almost a week now level 1 & 2. The issue I am having is that I have not been able to update my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2. We even did a fresh install of Windows that erased all of my files I have them backed...
  8. Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough memory: OS: Windows 10 64-Bit (Japanese) Ram: 12.0 GB Drivers/Software/Browser all up to date Empty space on Hard Disk 378 GB Since the latest Windows 10, version 2004 or say 20H2 updated there are a lot of problems I am facing but the worst one is when I run a software for image...
  9. Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough ememory

in Windows 10 Support
    Since Windows Windows 10, version 20H2 updated Not enough ememory: OS: Windows 10 64-Bit (Japanese) Ram: 12.0 GB Drivers/Software/Browser all up to date Empty space on Hard Disk 378 GB Since the latest Windows 10, version 2004 or say 20H2 updated there are a lot of problems I am facing but the worst one is when I run a software for image...
  10. Windows 10 version 20H2 Update

in Cortana
    Windows 10 version 20H2 Update: In this update search option stop working and no repair and troubleshoot method works on it. It has to start manually each time because after restart of system suspends. At a moment I am using "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" command to start the search option because when...