Windows 10: Network problem with specific device on specific network

Discus and support Network problem with specific device on specific network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by treevix, Nov 10, 2020.

1. treevix Win User

Network problem with specific device on specific network

Hi there,

I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network perfectly fine and getting a stable connection, and all of a sudden the connection stopped working mid-upload. Everything indicates that I am connected to the network, but there is no connection to the internet. The network troubleshooter cannot find any issues either. The problem persists on both WIFI and ethernet. Every other device I own 10+ devices can connect with no issues. The interesting thing is that my PC can connect perfectly fine to my GUEST network from the same router/modem as well as my iphone's hotspot.

For this reason I don't believe it to be an issue with my computer's hardware or adapters, and my router is working fine as all other devices are connected and working. It seems to be an isolated issue with my one device not being able to get internet when connected to a single network. I've tried all the recommended fixes online - flush dns, change dns settings, all the resets in command prompt, network reset, forgetting the network and reconnecting... but nothing fixes it. I've also checked into my modem settings and MAC filtering is turned off.

I have an ethernet hub that provides connection to the ethernet jacks in my house, and interestingly I was able to successfully connect to my home network through the hub, but I was only getting a 10mbs half duplex connection and speeds were a bit slow 3-5mb download, 3-5mb upload on speed tests. When I bypass the hub and go straight into the modem I can see the full 1gbs full duplex speed, but then get no internet connection.

If I could get the hub to give me a faster speed I think that could be a viable solution, and as a last resort I'm open to trying a full reformat, but hopefully someone could help fix my problems before that :

My hub for reference is a 10base-t ethernet hub channel plus model h635

:)

treevix, Nov 10, 2020
  2. atinfo Win User

hide specific Network connection adapter from Network list

Hi Mr @Brink ,

Is there a way to hide specific "Network connection adapter" from the "Network" list in system tray (network icon list)?
    I have 3 network adapters, Ethernet,WiFi and Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter (name as KeyShot). Whenever I disable Ethernet and WiFi adapter, KeyShot adapter appears as an Unidentified network (SS below). I know I can hide it by disable the adapter, but I don't want to disable it because Keyshot app needs that network adapter to work on Win OS.

Network problem with specific device on specific network [​IMG]

I want the network list be shown as SS below (I want to hide just KeyShot adapter from the list):

atinfo, Nov 10, 2020
  3. atinfo Win User

Thanks

Let me say that (what I want) with a simple SS (below)! Just follow the numbers:

1- My all adapters are enabled (3 network adapters)
    2- My current network list is (in system tray): Web (Ethernet), Unidentified network (Microsoft KM-Test adapter) and WiFi
    3- My desired list is this list (I want to remove Unidentified network from the list, without disabling any of the adapters)

atinfo, Nov 10, 2020
  4. atinfo Win User

What item?! The SS is about system tray network connection icon (adapters list):

atinfo, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Network problem with specific device on specific network - Similar Threads - Network problem specific

2. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  3. Internet not connecting to specific network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not connecting to specific network: I have a laptop and a mobile phone. When I turn on the mobile hotspot, my laptop would connect to it but shows "no internet, secured". If I connect the mobile hotspot to some other laptop, it would connect to it and work fine, similarly, If I connect another mobile's hotspot...
  4. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  5. Specific IP request using specific network adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific IP request using specific network adapter.: Hello, forgive me if this is an odd or easy question, but I've been searching for a week and cannot seem to find an answer/solution.I'm using WIndows 11, I have two network adaptors with a home server that hosts a personal server. What I'm trying to do is when I need to...
  6. "Can't Connect To This Network" one specific network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Can't Connect To This Network" one specific network: The situation is as such, out of the blue the connection cut off and I was no longer able to reconnect to the wifi. I am able to connect to other networks through wifi, it is only this one particular network that I am unable to connect to. I have tried searching for fixes and...
  7. Can't connect to a specific network

Can't connect to a specific network: Hello, So I tried all the ways to connect to my home network using my laptop but all ended with failures, I could connect to other wifis though, I could connect to my home network from the laptop by using wifi bridge from my cellphone. So it doesn't appeal to me that it's a...
  8. Sharing folder over network with specific devices.

Sharing folder over network with specific devices.: Hi all, I recently setup a NAS server and i need to share the files on this pc with another pc on the network. I live in a shared house so i dont want to share the files with ever computer. Scenario: PC1: NAS server with files (all in one folder)i want to share with...
  9. Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network

Assigning a specific IP and gateway for a specific network: Hey All, I've been working in a lab recently where in order to connect to some of the hardware, we have to connect to a special wireless network, we'll call it <hardware network>. In order for everything to work, i have to use a pre-assigned static ipv4 address <hardware...
  10. Static IP with a specific Network

Static IP with a specific Network: Hi. Sometimes, i need use a static IP in a network at the office. With my android phone, the specific network as configured to get static IP. All other networks gets automatic IP's. So, when i need connect windows 10 to this network, i open control panel, select network...