Windows 10: Network Problems after 1803

Discus and support Network Problems after 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrsNemo, Jul 7, 2018.

1. MrsNemo Win User

Network Problems after 1803

Split from this thread.​

Microsoft is aware of reports that devices running Windows 10 version 1803 cannot connect to other devices on their home network and is investigating the issue.

You can resolve this problem by setting some services to Automatic (Delayed Start) and restarting Windows:

1. Press the Windows Key and R at the same time to bring up the Run dialog.
    2. Type services.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.
    3. For each of the following services, locate the service in list, right-click the service and select Properties. Then set the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) and select Apply.
      • Computer Browser (Browser)
      • Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)
      • Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
      • Network Connections (NetMan)
      • UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost)
      • Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc)
      • Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
      • Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)
    4. Restart Windows.

Should you have any other concerns don't hesitate to post back.

I followed the instructions above when first pc and then laptop lost the ability to see each other. Everything now looks good on laptop and looking under Network in File Explorer I can double-click on the PC, see the files and folders and even copy files from laptop to PC. Under Network in File Explorer on the PC I can see the laptop but when I double-click I get a message that Windows cannot access the laptop. When I click Diagnose on that dialog box the troubleshooter reports that problems were found: "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource <my laptop name> is not responding."

I urgently need to be able to run SyncToy again to pass files in both directions. Please help!

:)

MrsNemo, Jul 7, 2018

2. Network Adapter PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

First Verify if the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped, I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Step 1: Please follow the steps to
    start the WLAN service.

• Click on Start, type in services.msc
      and press Enter.

• Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click
      properties.

• Change the startup type to Automatic.

• Click on Start button.

• Click on Apply, Ok.
    Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Also check if all the dependencies are also running. Try the steps to check Dependencies.

• Right-click on WLAN Autoconfig and select Properties.

• Click on Dependencies, you will find all the dependency services under box labeled this service depends on the following system components.
    Step 2: Run an inbuilt Network troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

• Click on view all on the left pane and select
      Network adapter.

• Follow the on-screen steps and check.
    I would also suggest you to check with the below link to check how to resolve wireless problems.

Refer:
    Wired and wireless network problems

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Network problem

Hi Aslam,

We would like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you connecting via wired or wireless?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue using a different device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps provided on how to fix network connection issue in Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Charianne Per, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Problems after 1803 - Similar Threads - Network Problems 1803

2. Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problem after upgrading from 1803 to 1903 and 1909: Since 1803 is no longer supported i decided to try and upgrade to 1903 and then to 1909 this week. Since the upgrade my internet via ethernet hasn't been working probably. I can't load any webpages on boot and I have to disable and then enable the network adapteron control...
  3. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  4. Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem

Windows 10 (Build 1803) Private Networking problem: Hi, I have a home network with 1 pc (win10), 1 PC (XP), new router (with attached storage) and various other non windows devices. The relevant networking connections are all via a (wired) Lan. The behaviour of the PCs is: The router can see all the devices inc both...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  6. Lots of problems after 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of problems after 1803 update: Hi, I'm having these problems for months now. Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of them worked. The only thing that works is a full clean reinstall while holding back on 1803 update. First I'm gonna list the...
  7. wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works

wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works: my solution works and works perfectly. forget the crap that these so called mscp's etc give out its total crap and DOES NOT WORK END OF if your an end user and want to know private message me I will not paste the solution here as MS have deleted my last thread as I know...
  8. Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade

Wifi problem after 1803 upgrade: Hello! After upgrating to Win 10 1803, my laptop can't connect automatic to my routers wifi. After rebooting or wake up from hibernate, I have no Internet access. "Connections available" it says when I hover the mouse at the net-icon in the taskbar. When clicking it, I can...
  9. Lost My Network After 1803 Update

Lost My Network After 1803 Update: Prior to the update I had 4 Computers linked over my Wireless Network. After the update the Network was lost. I checked that all the Drives and/or Folders were still shared, they are. First: I went into Network Credentials on all 4 machines and made sure that all 4 plus...
  10. Lost network after 1803 update

Lost network after 1803 update: I have 2 PCs on a network Both are Windows 10 pro with 1803 update. They both worked fine on the network before the update. I get this error message on both PCs. [img] 109467

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 cannot access network shares adapter