Windows 10: Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345

Discus and support Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Probably I'm setting up something wrong and at this point I ran out of options. This will be little convoluted. After I reboot my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _JackD_, Oct 11, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345

Hello!

Probably I'm setting up something wrong and at this point I ran out of options. This will be little convoluted.

After I reboot my PC1(ROCKET) and PC2(DESKTOP-3) PC1 is seeing only PC2 (DESKTOP-3) in the File explorer. It doesn't see itself.

Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345 324f526f-ad2c-412d-9cf3-6ff34eb82b7f?upload=true.jpg

Using Quick access link I can browse to it ( Network > ROCKET > d in the right panel ) but at the end change is reflected only in the browsing tree on the left side and not in the right panel.

New instance of the file explorer does not show this ROCKET/d entry on the left. Only DESKTOP-3. Basically the same look as after reboot.

I tried it all: new network drivers, starting recommended network services, installing Windows and as you can see - no progress. One more thing: This PC can be accessed from another PC using drive mapping, and \\localhost path. Is there something I'm missing or I can do differently?

Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345 d473b28b-017f-4bee-be33-01b3a49d9941?upload=true.jpg

:)

_JackD_, Oct 11, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2018
  4. crtecha Win User

crtecha, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Network problems continued - clean install of Windows 1803.17134.345 - Similar Threads - Network problems continued

2. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  3. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  4. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.: So I reinstalled Windows 10 with a clean install. Network is connected and showing that its connected to the internet however I use it and it just doesn't work. Any suggestions?...
  6. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.: So I reinstalled Windows 10 with a clean install. Network is connected and showing that its connected to the internet however I use it and it just doesn't work. Any suggestions?...
  7. Network Problem in a clean install of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  9. clean install of 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1803: hi joydeep sir i have done clean install of 1803 by fully formatting my pc but i forgot to disconnect my lan cable i have done clean install of 1803 by fully format having lan connected to my pc so sir will there be any issue so far to my windows 1803 as lan cable was...
  10. Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134

Home networking on Windows 10 build 17134: Working on a client's home network, noticed one version of Windows 10 has a Homegroup option, the other does not. So got home, checked my computer, no option. How do I network the two computers? The one with the Homegroup option does not see the one without it, but I was...