Windows 10: Network Profile has To be Changed to Enable Windows Store Downloads!

Discus and support Network Profile has To be Changed to Enable Windows Store Downloads! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've installed Win 10 on our two desktop PCs and one laptop. Clean installs, not upgrades. Previously they were all running Win 7 Pro/Ultimate. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by redschuhart, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Network Profile has To be Changed to Enable Windows Store Downloads!

I've installed Win 10 on our two desktop PCs and one laptop. Clean installs, not upgrades.
    Previously they were all running Win 7 Pro/Ultimate. We had network sharing running without issues.
    After installing Win 10 I noticed all network profiles were set to Public with network discovery turned off. I turned this on and the profiles were automatically changed to Private. We could then see all our PCs and share files as before.
    A few days later I decided to look at the Windows Store, saw a couple of apps and decided to try them. Clicked on the button and immediately got an error message which indicated the issue was with the store. Tried a few other random apps and got the same error. The same thing happened on all three PCs.
    I searched and got completely confused as there seemed to any number of issues with the same number of "answers".
    In desperation I used System Recovery to set my PC back to a time near to the first install that didn't remove drivers and programs that I didn't want re-install.
    This did the trick. But I noticed that my network profile had been reset to Public. With this set I can download apps from the store no problem. But when I enable Network Discovery I lose that ability and get the same error.
    So, for some bizarre reason, if we want to install apps from Windows Store we have to manually disable Network Discovery. Alternatively if we want to share files over the network we have to manually enable it.
    This really is ridiculous. OK, access to the apps on Windows Store is not one of life's essentials. It certainly isn't as important as being able to quickly share files over the network. But surely we should be able to do both.
    What am I missing?

:)

redschuhart, Apr 29, 2016

2. Ripping a CD onto my computer with Windows 10

"select the rip CD button" does not exist.

Has to be unique?, Apr 29, 2016
  3. profile has been changed to temporary

Suddenly, i.e. after working with the set (windows 10) for six months, the profile has been changed to a temporary one itself (sigh!!!). No files at the desktop / downloads / documents folder could be saved . Is there any solution ? I'm at a great problem.......

OT:

PROFILE SETTINGS

JAYANTADAS, Apr 29, 2016
Thema:

Network Profile has To be Changed to Enable Windows Store Downloads!

1. Network Profile has To be Changed to Enable Windows Store Downloads! - Similar Threads - Network Profile has

2. Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...: For whatever reason I have a network one of the unidentified networks which I have repeatedly changed to private however Windows absolutely will not change it from public. I have rebooted, logged in and out etc. The network profile shows it as private but the firewall shows...
  3. How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Network Profile Type in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to change the Network profile type in Windows 11, here is how you can do that using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and Windows PowerShell. There are three network types, and you can switch from one to another using these tutorials. There are mainly two...
  4. Wireless network profile changes

Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  5. Why has my profile changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has my profile changed?: I turned on my system and after logging into my microsoft account (which looked normal) to access my desktop profile, the desktop appeared with default functionality. My profile's desktop is gone, all my browser items are gone, and passwords to my programs are gone. This...
  6. Why has my profile changed?

Why has my profile changed?: I am having a lot of issues with the look and functionality of Windows 10. I've lost my Start menu (when I hit the Windows key it no longer brings up the Start menu, it just shows the desktop); the look of my desktop has changed and when I change between screens the...
  7. changing network profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing network profile: I want to change my network profile from public to private but I see no way to do this. Is there a way to change it and how is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-profile/265180f8-d7e2-4bcd-a802-1efdc6ea0d66"
  8. Network profile

Network profile: Hi, how do I change my network profile from public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/561c7f3b-3e13-4552-9f27-af04dca021de
  9. network profile

network profile: how can I change my network from public to private, I tried many times but it keep changing to public. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/0111bc1f-d6f6-40cc-ab68-d18ccbc1d56a
  10. Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10 How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 The first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically...