Windows 10: NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10

Discus and support NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have posted in here before about old and defunct Network Profiles. I had thought the problem was solved back in January 2019 with no trace of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marc Cooper_144, Oct 31, 2020.

1. NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10

I have posted in here before about old and defunct Network Profiles. I had thought the problem was solved back in January 2019 with no trace of the Profile I deleted back then, it surprised me when I noticed it's return today....01:11:2020 but it was created on 23 October 2020 and there was no warning of it's creation.

Although I will likely follow the same path and steps to remove the defunct profile from registry entries I now don't think this will be the end all of the problem.

The Network Profile on my machine using Windows 10 with all latest updated features v.20H2 and OS Build is 19042.572 is:

DIRECT-9YOWNER-PCEWPK

This Profile returned on 23 October 2020 ...as can be deducted when I converted the Date Created code from Regedit ... E4070A00040016001000020013007203...thus...

SYSTEMTIME Structure 128-bit UTC 2020-10-22 16:02:19.8820000 Z
    SYSTEMTIME Structure 128-bit 2020-10-23 02:02:19.8820000 +10:00
    UUID Guid Timestamp UTC 0001-01-01 00:00:00.0000000 Z
    UUID Guid Timestamp 0001-01-01 10:00:00.0000000 +10:00

Since I'm in Australia then it the network profile date created in registry will be 2020-10-23 02:02:19.8820000 +10:00...and it is.This must mean that the profile creation is not always dependent on older or obscure registry entries or even newer available networks outside of my PC or the router service such as another network nearby which may be able to attempt a connection to my PC and since I would know that such a connection persists due to remote connection real-time scanner and a network inspector I regularly use....so this isn't anything within my networked field, this begs the question: how does this network profile get created?

:)

Marc Cooper_144, Oct 31, 2020

2. Network Profile Windows 10

This did not work. the "Get" part worked and showed up with the status, but step 3 just showed a bunch of red text... Could you put a step by step screenshot set to show how it SHOULD be?

ArcanaInfinum, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Stud_1946 Win User
    Network Profile Windows 10

This answer found on a different page here worked for me

NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10 [​IMG]
    Giridhar
    J
    replied on

• Microsoft

Accomplishments

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Stud_1946, Oct 31, 2020
  4. NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10

1. NETWORK PROFILES IN WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - NETWORK PROFILES

2. Permanently Stop Windows 11 from Changing Network Profile Settings After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Stop Windows 11 from Changing Network Profile Settings After Update: Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 11 changing network profile settings after updates. The amount of times I have had to fix clients scanning issues because password protected sharing has been turned back on or the network profile has been changed to public is...
  3. Permanently Stop Windows 11 from Changing Network Profile Settings After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently Stop Windows 11 from Changing Network Profile Settings After Update: Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 11 changing network profile settings after updates. The amount of times I have had to fix clients scanning issues because password protected sharing has been turned back on or the network profile has been changed to public is...
  4. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  5. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  6. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type: I've seen a few other threads on this but struggling for an answerI have used Regedit to manually set the type to Private I have used Local Security Policy to set the network to Private Whatever I do: Settings/Network&Internet/Network always shows public The PC behaves as...
  8. Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type

Windows 11 Pro doesn't retain the Network Profile Type: I've seen a few other threads on this but struggling for an answerI have used Regedit to manually set the type to Private I have used Local Security Policy to set the network to Private Whatever I do: Settings/Network&Internet/Network always shows public The PC behaves as...
  9. "Unidentified Network" Connected to Computer in Event Viewer > Network Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unidentified Network" Connected to Computer in Event Viewer > Network Profile: I've asked this question before but it isn't happened since November 16th, which was around the time I askedin Event Viewer > Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Network Profile > Operational, I've seen this network called "Unidentified Network" connectit's...
  10. "Unidentified Network" Connected to Computer in Event Viewer > Network Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Unidentified Network" Connected to Computer in Event Viewer > Network Profile: I've asked this question before but it isn't happened since November 16th, which was around the time I askedin Event Viewer > Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Network Profile > Operational, I've seen this network called "Unidentified Network" connectit's...