Windows 10: Network protocol missing after version 10 update

Discus and support Network protocol missing after version 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot access the Internet after version 10 is installed on my desktop. 34239 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pavah, Dec 17, 2015.

1. pavah Win User

Network protocol missing after version 10 update

Cannot access the Internet after version 10 is installed on my desktop.

:)

pavah, Dec 17, 2015

2. Network problems after massive November update to windows 10

After I updated to the newest version of Windows 10, Microsoft no longer can see my WD My Cloud EX4. Windows can see other devices on the network.

When I run the network troubleshooter, I get the following feedback: "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer Detected Detected Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing."

I was NOT having any issues with Windows 10 until the current massive update. Where do I go from here?

GaryVan Meter, Dec 17, 2015
  3. donaldhalverson, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Dynamo Win User

I have a laptop, I found after installing up dates after initial windows 10 install and restarting, I could not connect to the internet and error was missing protocols etc , while I am computer illiterate I rummaged around and found, That by turning off my laptop and then turning on, there was no error and I was connected to the internet, if I just restart the laptop then the error is back and so is loss of internet connection, so while this may be unrelated to your problem and I have yet to get this problem resolved it may help someone get connected, so turn off, not restart.

Dynamo, Feb 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Network protocol missing after version 10 update - Similar Threads - Network protocol missing

2. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  3. Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS: I am posting this from the Win10 laptop top that is experience a connectivity problem with MicrosoftOnline .com where I get my email. Recently I did some driver updates to this Dell Inspiron. After reboots, I find I cannot connect to outlook on MicrosoftOnline.com and the...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  6. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  7. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  8. Missing Network Protocols Windows 10

Missing Network Protocols Windows 10: What can be done about "Missing Network Protocols", Windows 10 both computers/laptops? 41422
  9. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols: Hi there It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect via an IP address. Even if you apply the "Fix automatically" it still doesn't work and if you re-try the INCOMING...
  10. Can't get network to connect after reinstall (Missing protocols)

Can't get network to connect after reinstall (Missing protocols): I've been having some weird issues with my computer lately, so this weekend I decided to just do a full wipe and clean reinstall. So I got a fresh Win10 image from Microsoft, and installed that. However, after I was done I couldn't connect to the internet, and the diagnostics...