Windows 10: Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables

Discus and support Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am on Windows Pro 10 x64 1903, although I have had this problem for a while. Very randomly, my computer grinds to almost a halt. Network access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DemonTraitor, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables

Hi

I am on Windows Pro 10 x64 1903, although I have had this problem for a while.

Very randomly, my computer grinds to almost a halt. Network access stops, and then the Network System Tray symbol shows I have no network.

I have an on-board Killer E2200 (Mobo: GA-Z97X-Gaming 5). And always keep ALL drivers up-to-date.

Device Manager shows nothing wrong, and I am unable to disable/enable the Network Adaptor, as the computer just is pretty much unresponsive, although the keyboard and mouse work fine.

Task Manager does not open, the Start Menu can be unresponsive...

Network diagnostics fail, and all I can do it reboot.

What is the best way to track down what is causing this? Anything specific I can look into in Event Viewer, or and other tracing programs? (Like SnoopDOS on the Amiga *chuckle)

I am running ZoneAlarm Pro, but have tried disabling this etc, but cannot get the Network to restart. I have run Virus Checks and used System File Checker etc...

Any help/pointers... would be much appreciated

Regards

Demon.

:)

DemonTraitor, Jul 6, 2019
  2. John Galt Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Wireless network driver randomly disappears and reappears - Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that wireless network driver randomly disappears on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

You may also want to reset the WiFi router to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 6, 2019
  4. pigulici Win User

Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables

1. Network Randomly Disappears, Turns Off, Disables - Similar Threads - Network Randomly Disappears

2. WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off: Went to get on my laptop today and randomly, the Wi-Fi was completely gone. The network settings didn't even show Wi-Fi, show a control to toggle it on or off, etc. I tried the Windows troubleshooter which had a "turn on Wi-Fi" button, but that did nothing when pressed. I...
  3. WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off: Went to get on my laptop today and randomly, the Wi-Fi was completely gone. The network settings didn't even show Wi-Fi, show a control to toggle it on or off, etc. I tried the Windows troubleshooter which had a "turn on Wi-Fi" button, but that did nothing when pressed. I...
  4. WiFi Disappeared/Turned Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. display randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display randomly turns off: since i updated windows there have been randomly turning off after startup but the cpu seems to be running and audio also stops. sometimes it happens just for the first start then i restart the computer and it doesn't occur after for whole session. it happens only when i...
  6. network icon turns off and on randomly

network icon turns off and on randomly: hi,Why does the network icon turns off and on randomly? How can the issue be fixed? The one circled in red. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-icon-turns-off-and-on-randomly/db1328fe-c837-4394-8061-d28aacf2f66a
  7. Turning off at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off at random times: This happens sometimes when my laptop suddenly turns off showing a completely black screen. But, when i look at the power off button, it still lit up. This happens when i play games or write in documents. It turns off really early when i play games, but i takes longer a...
  8. Microphone turns on and off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone turns on and off randomly: Hi, Ever since I changed Windows versions (a while ago), my sound turns on and off randomly. When it does it is rapidly turning on and off -so much so, that I can't use my mouse for 30seconds to a minute at a time. And, the turn on/off moments are quite frequent. (I'm on...
  9. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...
  10. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless adapter randomly disappear