Windows 10: Network Reset broke my computer

Discus and support Network Reset broke my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently i used the network reset that windows has on their settings. It told me it was going to restart in 5 mins but i decided to just restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Owen W, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Owen W Win User

Network Reset broke my computer

Hello, recently i used the network reset that windows has on their settings. It told me it was going to restart in 5 mins but i decided to just restart it myself. After the reset my ethernet was not even in device manger and now i have no internet. I decided to try and factory reset my computer. Sadly when it got to 50% it would just go to the home login screen and say something went wrong and no changes were made. I have been trying for many days to fix this and i have been using a laptop i have to install drivers to see if it will work using a usb. Every time i would run the drivers it would come up with a long list of cheksum errors and it would not work at all. And it would say the winrar file is corrupt. I even trued to update my lan bios setting with asus’ own lan bios drivers but whenever i would run the setup windows would show a message saying this file cannot be used on this pc even though i chose the windows 10 64 bit driver. Also another message would say invalid access to memory location. I am stumped and dont know what to do i have tried sooooooo many things to make this work but i am stuck. Please help :

:)

Owen W, Mar 29, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Mar 29, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Network Reset broke my computer

Error: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Hi Suhail,

We suggest you uninstall and reinstall the network adapter to fix this issue. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter.
    • Navigate to Network adapters, and find your network adapter.
    • Right-click your network driver, and click Uninstall.
    Alternatively, you can reset the TCP/IP protocol by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt, and hit Enter.
    • Note: When you run this command, it'll rewrite your computer's registry keys used for TCP/IP settings. This achieves the same result as removing and reinstalling the protocol.
    • Reboot your PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Network Reset broke my computer

1. Network Reset broke my computer - Similar Threads - Network Reset broke

2. 'Network Reset' option broke my PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Network Reset' option broke my PC!: I watched a tutorial to try and lower my network latency and one of the options was to use the network reset option in windows settings to reinstall my network adapters and drivers. After I did this it did not reinstall them, instead it completely deleted all of them and I...
  3. 'Network Reset' option broke my PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Network Reset' option broke my PC!: I watched a tutorial to try and lower my network latency and one of the options was to use the network reset option in windows settings to reinstall my network adapters and drivers. After I did this it did not reinstall them, instead it completely deleted all of them and I...
  4. 'Network Reset' option broke my PC!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Reset Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reset Broke My Computer: I was having an issue with an Xbox Game Pass game on pc. It wasn’t installing correctly and would crash every time I tried launching it. So I was directed to the “Expert Gamers” support chat. There, I was connected with someone who tried to help me with my problem. After...
  6. Windows Reset Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reset Broke My Computer: I was having an issue with an Xbox Game Pass game on pc. It wasn’t installing correctly and would crash every time I tried launching it. So I was directed to the “Expert Gamers” support chat. There, I was connected with someone who tried to help me with my problem. After...
  7. Windows Reset Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "Reset Network Adapters" broke my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Reset Network Adapters" broke my pc: i downloaded this program to reset my network adapters on my windows 10 acer nitro 5 pc. Now, there is no internet tab, just airplane mode. I've tried every fix on YT. someone please help! submitted by /u/YettereYT [link] [comments]...
  9. Network Adapter Reset broke everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Reset broke everything: My girlfriend's ASUS laptop was having trouble connecting to wifi. After trying a few things first, she ran Network Reset as a last ditch effort. This completely broke everything. I can't type anything into Cortana. I can't open settings (I just see the giant blue screen with...
  10. Windows reset broke my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reset broke my computer: Ok so i have a Ibuypower - BB962 - I7 - 2070 PC and i started to have some problems after a Windows 10 update. Since my PC was acting strange and having problems I decided to do a full reset. I did a reset and i kept my files. But when I did the reset the percentage stopped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network reset windows 10 broke everything

2. windows 10 broke network reset