Windows 10: Network Reset

Discus and support Network Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was having problem with the network card in my computer. It would drop the wireless network for no apparent reason. I poked around and found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnSilb_63, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Network Reset

I was having problem with the network card in my computer. It would drop the wireless network for no apparent reason. I poked around and found the network reset option. It sounded as if it would simply reinstall my network card. It only warned that I may have to reinstall networking software, VPN and such. In fact it was almost as if I did a complete reimage of my hard drive. Thankfully, I store my data on the cloud and I lost very little.

Since then, whenever there is a windows update, I get a very similar, but not quite complete, reset of my systems. I need to login to my MSFT Office each time. I have to resetup Outlook for the accounts I want. I have to choose my preferred software again.

None of this is fatal, but it is highly annoying. I assume that I am not the only one who has had this happen. Any ideas on how I can stop the reset each time my computer wants to do an update?

Thanks!

:)

JohnSilb_63, Dec 15, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Network Reset

network reset is not solving the wifi login problem

Hi Shahed,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that may refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To resolve
    your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #2: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection.

Step #3: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    • Type cmd, then press Enter.
    • Type ping www.microsoft.com,
      then press
      Enter.
    • If you receive 4 replies, your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, your Internet connection has issues.

Step #4: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Network Reset

1. Network Reset - Similar Threads - Network Reset

2. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  3. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  4. Network reset: Bad idea!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network reset: Bad idea!: Please help me. I was following instructions on how to update my network adapters, and once my pc booted back up, the network reset had wiped out everything I had to connect to the internet: my IP configuration, my Wi-fi connection, even my network adapters. I’m too upset...
  5. Network reset: Bad idea!

Network reset: Bad idea!: Please help me. I was following instructions on how to update my network adapters, and once my pc booted back up, the network reset had wiped out everything I had to connect to the internet: my IP configuration, my Wi-fi connection, even my network adapters. I’m too upset...
  6. Network reset: Bad idea!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Constantly keep having to reset Network Adapter on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Constantly keep having to reset Network Adapter on Windows 11: [IMG]If you constantly keep having to reset your Network Adapter on Windows 11/10, this article will help you fix this problem. This issue can occur due to outdated network card drivers, corrupted system files, power management settings, etc. Constantly keep having to reset...
  8. I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my hp laptop. When I tried to get back in, the only network which was shown...: Windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reset-my-hp-laptop-when-i-tried-to-get/e3c8a138-c623-4efe-b4c0-5cfbc9d0f637
  9. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  10. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone network reset