Windows 10: Network Samba Problems Please Help

Discus and support Network Samba Problems Please Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ok here is my situation. I reformatted clean install on my desktop. Had some hiccups but everything ok. I use in the living room this streaming box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mn072065, Aug 2, 2015.

1. mn072065 Win User

Network Samba Problems Please Help

ok here is my situation. I reformatted clean install on my desktop. Had some hiccups but everything ok. I use in the living room this streaming box from element company,love this box. Anyway after i share with everyone this folder for movies, everything was working great with this streaming box, i saw two movies today. Now all of a sudden, i get "connection time out" and "could not connect to network server". So now im hitting my head against the wall and backtrack what i have done. Two scenarios come up, first one was i opened my laptop with widows 10 (only did an upgrade on that) and went to network and saw the folder, i then tried to open and it asked for credentials, i added my desktop credentials and bingo folder came up and was able to see my movies in them. 2nd scenario, my son laptop with win 8.1 did an update with 70 updates perhaps that threw my network off. Very frustrating since everything was working fine before. And last before i upgraded and clean install windows 10, i had issues before with the network not seeing my folders that were external on a hard drive enclosure, internal drives on my desktop no problem. Can someone please help. Thanks

:)

mn072065, Aug 2, 2015
  2. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Pin to Quick Access on a Mapped Network Drive

It seems to be a problem with the samba protocol, the problem is only on a NAS running linux. A large majority of NAS are using samba protocol for file sharing, that's a big problem...

boustalahit, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Network Samba Problems Please Help

1. Network Samba Problems Please Help - Similar Threads - Network Samba Problems

2. Network drivers problem , please help !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drivers problem , please help !!: Currently I'm using windows 10 pro on my hp x360 pavilion laptop , yesterday I found that my wifi was not working....I checked the driverIt was showing that wifi adapter aren't working .It's saying to reconnect hardware with computer.......I did everything , updation is...
  3. Network problems please help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network problems please help me: So recently I had multiple problems with my pc network,here its all I know: -i have 2 routers one getting netowork from the provider and the other one from the routermy pc is connected to the router connected to the other router -So sometimes almost every day my pc...
  4. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  5. Samba network printer not discoverable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samba network printer not discoverable: i have been playing a lot with my raspberry pi 4 recently and i tried converting my old printer into a network printer using cups and samba. for some reason when i pull up settings or control panel its nowhere to be seen, i have checked it with other devices such as a phone...
  6. Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??

Please Help, strange Win10 pro networking problems ??: Hi, I'm having some problems getting the file sharing to connect between a Win10 Pro laptop & a few Win10 Home pc's. The strange thing is I can connect from all 3 of the Win10 Home pc's to the Win10 Pro laptop but can't connect from the Win10 Pro laptop to the Win 10 Home...
  7. Please help with this problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  8. Samba machine not showing in Network folder

Samba machine not showing in Network folder: Not sure if here or the Ubuntu forums is the correct place to post this, so I'm posting to both. I have a file server running Ubuntu Server 14.04, with Samba set up for Windows file shares. I have it all set up to do mostly what I want, but there's one odd problem that I...
  9. Network drive not showing up (Samba)

Network drive not showing up (Samba): Windows 10 x64 14393.479 External USB drive ethernet connected to my router, Samba enabled. Recently I freshly installed Windows 10. Before that whilst the pre-anniversery version, the external drive showed up under 'Network' in the Explorer tree and I could create folders...
  10. Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server

Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server: I have a problem that has me stumped. I have a Ubuntu Media Server (OS Version 14.04.1) running Samba 4.1.6. I have a Win 10 laptop (upgraded in August from 8.1) and Win 10 desktop (upgraded Jan 11th from Windows 7). The laptop doesn't (or very rarely) discovers the Samba...