Windows 10: Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

Discus and support Network says no internet when most apps connect fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet says it is not connected to the internet after connecting to my router. The problem is that most apps browsers, games, etc. work fine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngularLime96, May 19, 2020.

1. Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

My internet says it is not connected to the internet after connecting to my router. The problem is that most apps browsers, games, etc. work fine but most Microsoft apps Word, OneNote, Help, even Windows Update refuse to connect. I've tried Networking Reset's, safe modes, disabling startup items that may cause issues, different wireless networks, wired connections, but nothing seems to work.

:)

AngularLime96, May 19, 2020
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, May 19, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 19, 2020
  4. Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Hi,

As the post title suggests, I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity. It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet, and the other half won't. Desktop apps like Chrome, Steam, Outlook, iTunes etc. all connect to the internet fine, but any of the Windows apps like Xbox, Store and (most frustratingly) Settings will not connect.

In my network and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray, and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi. I am on a desktop, and using a USB wireless adapter. I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows 10 and it worked fine. Curiously also, when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel, it shows the wifi connection.

I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter, both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail (and as I mentioned, it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere). I've updated manually to the latest Windows 10 Pro build, i've done a DNS flush, I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus, I've tried disabling startup apps, I've done a clean install of Windows 10 and still am unable to fix the issue.

If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great. I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it.

Thanks very much.

robby12315, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Network says no internet when most apps connect fine

1. Network says no internet when most apps connect fine - Similar Threads - Network says internet

2. All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.: Just to start I was able to fix this issue for about a month by creating an entire new user on my computer. The new user had no issues connecting and signing into any Microsoft apps.I use Teams, Outlook and OneDrive for work and none of them connect. I've also tried Power...
  3. All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft apps say no internet connection despite internet working fine.: Just to start I was able to fix this issue for about a month by creating an entire new user on my computer. The new user had no issues connecting and signing into any Microsoft apps.I use Teams, Outlook and OneDrive for work and none of them connect. I've also tried Power...
  4. Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to connect to the internet but network status is saying "not connected": ive tried just about everything i can find online to fix this issue and nothing has made any difference drivers are up to date and the internet is working fine except i cant install a windows update because im "not connected" ive been able to use 3 different networks fine...
  5. When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet

When I connect to 5GHz network, it says no internet: I have always been able to connect to the 5GHz network until recently when I realized I've been using the 2.4GHz network and I'm wondering why I am not able to connect to it. It just happened so suddenly....
  6. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  7. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  8. Laptop apps Settings, Etc say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to...

Laptop apps Settings, Etc say not connected to network or internet but browser connects to...: Asus laptop-Windows 10. Laptop Win 10 built-in apps Settings, Etc say not connected to wifi network or internet. But browser connects to home wifi network and internet, surfs with no problems. Tried many fixes-->>reloaded win 10, reset PC, ran win 10 troubleshooters for...
  9. Windows shows "no internet" and most apps can't connect, but my browser works fine

Windows shows "no internet" and most apps can't connect, but my browser works fine: I've been having this problem for a little over a week now: Whenever I connect to wifi, the icon on the Windows taskbar shows "No internet, secured," and the icon appears that it's not connected. However, I can still browse the internet on my browser when "connected" this way...
  10. Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...: But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you. In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use...