Windows 10: Network Scanning

Discus and support Network Scanning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Is windows firewall can detect network scanning initiated from tools like nmap/zenmap? If yes, where can I find the logs for the same.Any lead will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmitChand Thakur, Jul 22, 2021 at 2:22 PM.

1. Network Scanning

Hi,Is windows firewall can detect network scanning initiated from tools like nmap/zenmap? If yes, where can I find the logs for the same.Any lead will be helpful Thanks

:)

AmitChand Thakur, Jul 22, 2021 at 2:22 PM
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 unable to scan to folder over network

Hi Adma,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you able to access the folder through network which you want to scan?

If you’re connected to domain then you need to post your query in TechNet forum.

Refer the link below for TechNet forums.

Technet forums

If you’re connected to home group follow the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Window Key, and type Network and sharing.

• Click on Change Advanced sharing settings.

• Under Guest or Public.

• Under File and printer sharing.

• Turn on file and printer and sharing.

I suggest you to run Network and sharing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Network and sharing center.

• Run Troubleshoot problems.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

4. Boatvan Win User

Network Scanning

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Thema:

Network Scanning

1. Network Scanning - Similar Threads - Network Scanning

2. Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set up network scanning without interrupting the firewall in Windows 10: Hi In Windows 10, I scan the network using the required user and file, as well as build the MB, as well as the local network settings. I can not scan the network without shutting down my firewall and even with the firewall shutting down. please help *** Email address is...
  3. Windows Defender scans network devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender scans network devices: I have a share on my NAS attached as drive N: I have an exclusion defined in Windows defender for folder N:\ I have deactivated scan of network devices by GPO Although of these settings, Windows Defender (On-Access) scans the device. Why? submitted by /u/wkn000...
  4. HP printer Scan to Network Folder will NOT work unless my Win 10 PC has password for logon

HP printer Scan to Network Folder will NOT work unless my Win 10 PC has password for logon: My new home printer is an HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 supposedly in the line of succession to my old HP OJP 8500, which started to leak ink and is ready for the printer graveyard. The HP OJP 9015 has a “Scan to Network Folder” feature which sets a “button” on the printer’s tiny...
  5. HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder

HP printer wants PC have logon password, or no Scan to Network Folder: | My new home printer is a new HP OfficeJet Pro 9015, supposedly in the line of succession to my 11-year old HP OJP 8500, which started to leak ink and is soon for the printer graveyard. I have one annoying problem with the 9015. It has a Scan to Network Folder feature which...
  6. HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.

HP 8600 printer will not scan to network folder after updating to Win 10.: After purchasing a new computer with Win 10 I can not use my network scan folder. The Win 7 machine still works fine. When I setup the new network folderScan I get a Error message "cannot connect the server, or connection failed". Have done all updates drivers Firmware for...
  7. Microsoft Defender still real-time scanning files on network drives even though the drives...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Defender still real-time scanning files on network drives even though the drives...: So I have some network drives mapped on my computer and a program that periodically scans them for any file changes. Every time it does this the network activity slows to a crawl because "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service" starts using 800Mbps of traffic. I have all of the...
  8. Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer Won't Print I can access its web page, scan, and everything else after...: I have a M477fdw HP printer on my network that has worked fine. A few times when I tried to print the printer would do nothing and I found that there was an update waiting. After the update installed the printer would work fine. This time is not printing from the computer. I...
  9. Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Scan / Fax and Scan not Detecting SCX-4623FW network scanner: Hi there, I have a SCX-4623FW samsung fax/scan/printer on my network. It works perfectly... my device is not faulty. It has no issues being scanned with third party apps such as "Scan2PDF" https://sourceforge.net/projects/scantopdf/ or even OpenOffice. The full...
  10. Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives: I have regularly used Windows Defender to scan drives mapped from my network, using Custom scans. All of a sudden it won't do that any more: it accepts the instruction, but immediately returns saying it has scanned 0 files, found 0 problems, and taken 1 second. I have...