Windows 10: Network Server problem Win 10

Discus and support Network Server problem Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. Now, I can no longer connect to the Server. My troubleshooter says it cannot detect a pathway. The server is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FCCC Office Manager, May 1, 2019.

1. Network Server problem Win 10

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. Now, I can no longer connect to the Server. My troubleshooter says it cannot detect a pathway. The server is Windows 7. I still have internet connection and other network connections (printer, other laptops, etc). How do I fix this disconnect?

:)

FCCC Office Manager, May 1, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 1, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, May 1, 2019
  4. Network Server problem Win 10

Error: "Server PC is not accessible", "The network address is invalild" on Windows 10

Hi Gavin,

Apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

• Do let us know if your device is connected to a Windows Server?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Microsoft help article in my previous post and check if it helps?

Step like: Run the Network troubleshooter, Update the rivers, Rollback the drivers, turn off firewalls etc..

Try the above troubleshooting steps update us the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Network Server problem Win 10

1. Network Server problem Win 10 - Similar Threads - Network Server problem

2. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  3. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  4. RDP on WIN 10 connection problems to VM Server Win 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP on WIN 10 connection problems to VM Server Win 2019: Hi, i am trying to connect to a virtual server with RDP, but get a error like: Fehlercode: 0x4 Erweiterter Fehlercode: 0x0 Aktivitäts-ID: {eaf4b199-64bc-4254-8b30-86aa98e70000} i have a different connection on the same workstation, also to a Win2019 Server.. this one...
  5. Networking Server Problem

Networking Server Problem: Had to replace corrupt OS with new Windows 10. All OK but my smart TV Sony Bravia now cannot access PC server, All streaming options etc as per previous. Can still access internet and cast folders/files to TV and TV recognizes my PC on the network but fails to access server...
  6. Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem

Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem: I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!! Just to clarify i have so far: 1. Restarted...
  7. Win 10 1909 Network problem

Win 10 1909 Network problem: I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!! Just to clarify i have so far: 1. Restarted...
  8. Network printer problem - only on Win 10

Network printer problem - only on Win 10: I have a wireless HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series printer. Router is TP Archer C50. Router has 2x2.4Ghz (SSIDs K1 and K2 (Guest)) and 1x5Ghz radios (SSID K5) At first I thought this was a Win10 issue. But it seems that printer will only work when I am connected to K1 or K5. But...
  9. win 10 networking - the classical problem

win 10 networking - the classical problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] hpbuilt: a win 8.1 all in one that does see minabuilt shared files, but nothing from hamidbuilt (this is really close to what I want) minabuilt: a win 10 home desktop that sees the network, but cannot access files from either hamidbuilt or...
  10. Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server

Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server: I have a problem that has me stumped. I have a Ubuntu Media Server (OS Version 14.04.1) running Samba 4.1.6. I have a Win 10 laptop (upgraded in August from 8.1) and Win 10 desktop (upgraded Jan 11th from Windows 7). The laptop doesn't (or very rarely) discovers the Samba...