Windows 10: Network services constantly freeze with WiFi

Discus and support Network services constantly freeze with WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. Been having a heckuva time chasing weird issues with Windows 10. I've tried to reinstall (not upgrade) a time or two chasing this, it'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jonno421, Mar 29, 2016.

1. jonno421 Win User

Network services constantly freeze with WiFi

Hi all. Been having a heckuva time chasing weird issues with Windows 10. I've tried to reinstall (not upgrade) a time or two chasing this, it'll disappear for a week or two then re-emerge. I also suspected hardware, so I switched wireless cards from built in on MoBo to USB based, but without luck. Symptoms include absolutely no internet, Chrome, Edge and several other apps think I am offline. Clicking on the WiFi icon in the system tray will often show a blank list with scrolling dots, as though it is thinking, but never does anything and will not show nearby hotspots or what access point I am connected to. Also, going to the settings menu and attempting to do anything related to Networks will cause a momentary hang, but nothing will happen after. No window will open.
    I've recently been able to isolate this issue to the service "Network Connections", where trying to stop or restart the service will result in the "stopping" window to display for approx. 5 minutes before stating it cannot stop the service. Typically a reboot will remedy this, but it happens at the most inappropriate of times in the middle of gaming sessions. Also, I have observed this "bug/glitch" since around the build 9879 days, and across multiple computers. I've tried rooting around for fixes, but often come up empty handed. Is there a known fix for this? Surely I can't be the only one, since I've seen this behavior on 4 different machines.

Other info on this exact rig-
    Build 10586 on a Crucial 240 GB SSD, tried another drive and problem persisted
    All drivers are up to date and firmware has been updated where applicable.

:)

jonno421, Mar 29, 2016

2. Links 535 freezing

My daughters phone is constantly freezing on text, calls and even music, phone is up to date Win 8.1 and so are apps, VPN is off, deleted WiFi networks and re added, looking for a little help that doesnt involve a factory reset.

Thanks.

StevenCurtis-Rich, Mar 29, 2016
  3. mdtoronto Win User
    Laptop freezes after booting: Windows 10

I believe this all started with the sleep mode not recovering back into Windows. Sometimes the laptop (HP Pavillion 6G), boots then freezes, other times it freezes while troubleshooting constantly forcing shutdown and then rebooting. Wifi appears disabled!

mdtoronto, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Network services constantly freeze with WiFi

For starters, download this file and run it as admin, it will reset some network settings.

TairikuOkami, Mar 29, 2016
  5. jonno421 Win User
    That just completely axed my Internet. As far as device manager goes, I have a fully functioning WiFi adapter. But as far as windows networking sees, I only have a LAN/ethernet connection. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but no luck. All of the services look like they're up and running, even tried toggling the Intel zero config. Settings>network and Internet has no indicator for WiFi.

jonno421, Mar 29, 2016
  6. jonno421 Win User
    Was able to re-initialize it. It's not limited only to this machine tho, I've had this problem across multiple machines dating back to when 10 was in beta stage. Virus is unlikely as well. I seldom browse unfamiliar sites, and use different AV programs on different machines, all of which are behind a dedicated firewall. I've seen a few people that say their WiFi is acting flaky, but the only solution seems to be a reboot. I'm looking to get something a little more permanent.

jonno421, Mar 29, 2016
  7. wyldman68 Win User
    Did you install the latest drivers from the manufacturer for you WiFi?

wyldman68, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Network services constantly freeze with WiFi

I used to have problem with wifi a lot, that is the reason why I do this on every PC:
    Delete all network protocols but IPv4, disable IPv6, set IP and DNS manually, it helps.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network services constantly freeze with WiFi

1. Network services constantly freeze with WiFi - Similar Threads - Network services constantly

2. network selection freezes php script wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network selection freezes php script wifi: hello i discovered an issue where when opening the network select menu.. a script i am running freezes.there may be some other network activity being stopped when this happens.i am all up to date with windows 10 updates etcit would be good to have this issue fixed / or an...
  3. Constantly freezing

Constantly freezing: My desktop originally had Windows 8.1 installed, and ran flawlessly. After upgrading to Windows 10, it had constant freeze issues. It was so bad that I quit using it. I currently need it again, so I'm trying to get it working. I purchased a new Samsung SSD drive and did a...
  4. Can't access microsoft services if not on home wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access microsoft services if not on home wifi network: Hello, I have a strange issue with my tablet laptop. Windows 10 1909 When I'm connected to any wifi network outside home I can't access Microsoft Store, Windows Update, and I can't login to my Microsoft account. Those services load forever without doing anything and they...
  5. constant freezing

constant freezing: freezes when trying to save a file freezes when transfering from one file to another freezes while trying to save to PDF I understand MS has a solution to this in the Insider Program. What about us? rand scan now , no integrity issues antivirus says nothing latest...
  6. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...
  7. Service Host: Network Service - constantly hogging CPU time (~17%)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: Network Service - constantly hogging CPU time (~17%): [ATTACH] Laptop HP Omen, about 3 years old. Been solid so far... https://preview.redd.it/89nxo6dd7b441.jpg?width=686&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ccaa8a75e881a917e582033f7fcd0d08fca1cd50...
  8. WiFi Networks constantly disappearing

WiFi Networks constantly disappearing: I recently moved to college and brought my Windows 10 PC that I have been using for years with no wifi problems, but now I run into this one constantly. My PC will randomly disconnect from the wifi, and when I click on the wireless icon at the bottom-right, none of the nearby...
  9. Freezing constantly

Freezing constantly: First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to...
  10. Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting

Wifi Network Adapter constantly resetting: The problem is just as described. This could be annoying for a number of reasons. For me particularly, I use the pc hotspot as it is useful since my router is on the complete another side of my house and my wifi using devices have a better signal near the pc. However, since...