Windows 10: network set up

Discus and support network set up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop on the same network using windows 10 on my home network. I have what i will call pc 1 that has a printer wired to it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bruinator, Jan 13, 2016.

1. bruinator Win User

network set up

Hi, I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop on the same network using windows 10 on my home network. I have what i will call pc 1 that has a printer wired to it that is not wireless at all. I would like to have my other pc's be able to print from it but i am not sure how to set it up so i can?

Number 2, I would like to be able to see each other's desktop from the other pc's as well. Can someone plz help me out with that as well.

I had my laptop configured to be able to do it but I updated my desktops to the latest build of 10 and forgot how i did it. Plz help me.

thx

:)

bruinator, Jan 13, 2016

2. Setting up Hosted Networking

Hi Farzad,

For accurate information and resolution, we recommend that you post your query on the
    TechNet forum. This forum is a community that is mainly composed
    of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Jan 13, 2016
  3. setting up an adhock network

Hello guys I am not sure **** I am doing wrong (excuse my language the stress is killing me). But when I try to create an ad hock net work. I typed in netsh wlan show drivers in the command prompt as an admin, and to see if my device supported the function
    it said hosted network support: no . I updated my drivers, checked for updates, showed hidden drivers in the device manager, and I still do not have a the Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter, or Microsoft Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter 2. I just have Microsoft
    Wi-Fi direct virtual adapter 1. I tried anyway but said hosted network could not be started the group or resources is not in the correct state to perform the request operation, because of the reasons above. My wlan is running on the services.msc.

my pc information is stated below: (if you need more info or questions about my pc please let me know if this info was not enough and you need more).

Product Name: HP 15 Notebook Pc

Serial number:5CD4477HDG

Product Number:J9M32UA#ABA

Wi-Fi adapter: Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

It says my 802.11d is disabled Idk if this is relevant just telling you what it says

My OS: Windows 10

*please respond asap and I will reply back asap

PedroSabedra, Jan 13, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

network set up

What are you needing help on? What you posted, states nothing about how the machines are connecting to the network.

Also helps to know printer model and mfg.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  5. bruinator Win User
    Ok, Sorry. It it connected via network cable that is connected by a router. The printer is an hp deskjet 1510 connected with a usb cable that does not have wireless capabilities. How do i do these things?

thx

bruinator, Jan 13, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    How many machines are connected with an Ethernet cable? Have you followed the instructions for installing the printer and sharing it, as stated on HP's website?

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  7. bruinator Win User
    3 pc's are connected. HP says it cant be done but I know it can be coz i had my laptop set up where it printed but since then, I updated the build of 10 on all 3 and forget how i did it. Some help plz guys?

thx

bruinator, Jan 13, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

network set up

Only way to help is to answer the questions and follow the directions.

bro67, Jan 13, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    To start with, see the video in this post: Solved Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

The video should show you the basics, how to set up your computers to be part of the same network. The tutorial mentioned in the video is long overdue, I will write it tonight or tomorrow and post link to it here when ready.

If you have any questions, something in the video not explained well enough, do not hesitate to ask. Post your possible questions in this thread of yours, not in the video thread.

10. bruinator Win User
    Hi Kari, thx for responding. Right now, things seem to be set up correctly. The only things I am having issues with is on 1 pc, I am getting a msg of "windows cant access desktop, you do not have permission to access desktop" How do I fix this, plz?

Also, On my other pc that is not connected to my printer, I would also like to be able to print from it. thx

bruinator, Jan 13, 2016
  11. gl3nborj Win User
    Turn on network discovery, turn on the file and printer sharing, turn on automatic setup for network connected device, turn off password, share the printer... do it on all units.

gl3nborj, Jan 14, 2016
  12. bruinator Win User
    Did all this with same issues. Any way to fix this. 2 computers hooked up to my router connected with network cable.

bruinator, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

network set up

1. network set up - Similar Threads - network set

2. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10: In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and Internet settings. See the screenshot below.I need those users to be able to switch 'automatically detect settings' on or off when they are working...
  3. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10: In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and Internet settings. See the screenshot below.I need those users to be able to switch 'automatically detect settings' on or off when they are working...
  4. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  6. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  7. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  9. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  10. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...