Windows 10: Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While troubleshooting network problems, I tried setting the IPV4 address manually and noticed the forth octet of an IPV4 Alternate DNS setting had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Carter9304, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

While troubleshooting network problems, I tried setting the IPV4 address manually and noticed the forth octet of an IPV4 Alternate DNS setting had been truncated from two digits to one digit. On my network the 4th octet of an IPV4 address should have been a two digit number, but only a 1 digit was displayed. I tried again to manually configure the network adapter settings, and on the Alternate DNS text box I entered the correct IPV4 address in the form of xxx.xxx.x.xx, but received an error message, "Can't save IP settings, Check one or more settings and try again". The dialog window for setting IPV4 Alternate DNS will not allow entering a value in the forth octet that has more than 1 digit, i.e. your can enter digits 0-9, but not digits 10-255. When switching back to Automatic DHCP it picks up the correct Alternate DNS value in the forth octet. Minor problem, but one that needs to be fixed.

:)

Carter9304, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10, where to find: Alternate or preferred DNS server settings?

As 'manage wireless networks' may have fallen off the Windows 10 menu, where to set alternate DNS server settings, on a laptop?

This is necessary to use facebook, for example, in Vietnam. Please help!

juliashaw-manta, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

dns probe finished no internet

Hi Oxide,

After some trial-and-error testing of all suggested fixes, which I found over the internet, here’re what worked for me to solve "DNS Probe Finished No Internet" issue and might work for you as well.

Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS

Here all you have to do is change your default automatically obtained DNS server addresses to open DNS or Google DNS. To do this, follow below mentioned steps:

Step 1:
    Right click on Network icon located in Windows Task Bar Menu.

Step 2:
    Click on ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’

Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

Step 3:
    Click on Local Area Connection with whom who are presently connected and click onProperties.

Step 4:
    Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.

Step 5:
    Now in newly opened windows, select the radio button that reads ‘Use the following DNS server address:’

Step 6:
    Now in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type in 208.67.222.222 and in ‘Alternate DNS Server’ type in 208.67.220.220.

Step 7:
    Now check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK. That’s it.

Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903 [​IMG]

TechieNikhil, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903

1. Network Settings Alternate DNS Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Network Settings Alternate

2. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  3. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  4. Windows 10 Network Alternative?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network Alternative?: so are there any 3rd party software alternatives to windows networking or even hardware alternatives, something that i can use to network my windows 10 machines that will actually work reliably? i have 3 windows 10 machines (1 home edition, 2 pro) on a family network and the...
  5. Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns: [ATTACH] The settings work fine until I add an alternative DNS for ipv6, I've never had this problem on previous windows installs. This is on a fresh install of windows. I just get "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again."...
  6. DNS Settings

DNS Settings: Hello I was looking for different ways to help speed up my slow ADSL connection. I learned that changing your DNS settings to use a different provider is something that you could actually do for free So I did a search in google for the fastest DNS servers in Australia and I...
  7. Network Windows 10 & DNS

Network Windows 10 & DNS: I have a network that consists of 5 Windows 10 Pro machines & a Western Digital NAS. I have a couple of the machines that can only be communicated to by their IP address. They will note respond using the computers network name. This seems to be a DNS issue, but I don't know...
  8. Errors when setting Alternate DNS server

Errors when setting Alternate DNS server: If I got through the startmenu right click and choose Networkconnections to update my name servers I cannot add an alternate dns server. [ATTACH] If I go through the control panel it lets me set the Alternate DNS but then has a Windows Debug Error as I am closing the...
  9. Tertiary DNS setting in windows 10

Tertiary DNS setting in windows 10: how to change Tertiary DNS settings in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tertiary-dns-setting-in-windows-10/49021ce0-f8bd-4aee-bf6f-839d614241ca
  10. Networking: DNS Setting changes

Networking: DNS Setting changes: Hello, I have come across something frustrating. Each time I turn on my computer the DNS setting in the "Internet Protocol version 4" changes from (Obtain DNS Server address automatically) to a preferred DNS server, this causes my computer not to have internet so I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant save ip settings check one or more

2. windows 10 cant save ip settings check one or more settings and try again

3. cant save ip settings check one or more settings and try again

4. cant save ip settings.check one or more settings manual,
  5. cant save ip settings check one or more settings and try again windows 10,
  6. edit ip setting windows 10 cant save ip settings,
  7. KB4517211 ethernet