Windows 10: network settings on Canon Printer

Discus and support network settings on Canon Printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do I find the network settings for my Cannon printer? I have internet on computer but not printer. I have gone from hotspot internet to AT&T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theresareynolds1, Dec 23, 2018.

1. network settings on Canon Printer

Where do I find the network settings for my Cannon printer? I have internet on computer but not printer. I have gone from hotspot internet to AT&T wireless internet

:)

theresareynolds1, Dec 23, 2018

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Dec 23, 2018
  3. woldsl Win User
    B200 in canon printers

What is B200 in canon printers? My printer is displaying this message since I cleaned it yesterday.

woldsl, Dec 23, 2018
  4. network settings on Canon Printer

Network printer Canon Pixma MG6620

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Canon Pixma printer on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly do you mean by Offline and cannot reconnect?
    • Have you installed all the drivers for printer after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Is printer being detected on your computer?
    • How have you connected the printer to your device?

I suggest you to try the below as a workaround and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to install the latest drivers for the printer from the manufacturer's website.

Refer: Drivers for Canon Pixma MG6620

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

network settings on Canon Printer

1. network settings on Canon Printer - Similar Threads - network settings Canon

2. How to set up canon mg2500 printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set up canon mg2500 printer?: I am having trouble with my canon mg2522 printer. I downloaded the necessary App which is Canon Inkjet Utility. It isn't fully functional because it is now asking for a driver to be installed. I cannot find the right driver to complete the setup....
  3. How to set up canon mg2500 printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up canon mg2500 printer?: I am having trouble with my canon mg2522 printer. I downloaded the necessary App which is Canon Inkjet Utility. It isn't fully functional because it is now asking for a driver to be installed. I cannot find the right driver to complete the setup....
  4. How to set up canon mg2500 printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: How do I set up a Canon MG2550S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/4eac22e8-ef8c-4ab0-91d0-290d315e19de
  6. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: I cannot get my wireless printer to go online. It worked before. I have tried reloading the software online and it still does not go online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/c490cad7-97ea-4c6d-ac7b-6c77cd365b1d
  7. canon printer

canon printer: Windows version 1809 was installed Friday, 2/22. Now my canon mx922 printer says it cannot print an PDF file. Has anyone had a similar problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-printer/688da5a7-059b-401b-8369-19cdc5844264
  8. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Where do I find help with the printer spooler? My printer says needs attention. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/canon-printer/3c8a16cf-7a53-44fb-94cf-d93123f76715
  9. Canon Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1
  10. Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer

Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer: My Canon MP628 scanner suddenly stopped communicating with my desktop computer and my Sony Vaio laptop, however it still communicates with my Lenovo X1 laptop. As far as I know the only changes to my systems have been the regular Windows updates. The printer functions...