Windows 10: Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Discus and support Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaralisArturs, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Hi,

I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that).

From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The error says that I don't have any permissions. At the same time I can access them from my Win7 computer.

I checked a few suggestions from google (turn on network discovery, file sharing - on, pasword protected sharing, ...) no luck. Most of the suggestions found are for a scenario where I couldn't access any network shares. But this is not the case. Only two are giving me trouble. Even the way permission is granted is the same for all shares - a Security Group in our AD. I also tried changing AllowInsecureGuestAuth in the registry - nothing.

It was fine till some updates got installed. I've uninstalled them (except KB3211320, which cannot be uninstalled) of them and it worked for a while. Till the next updates (which were only for MS Office and not for Windows).

Any ideas?

:)

KaralisArturs, Mar 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 Store version can't use printer

I have a Lexmark X2470 color printer I use over network, I can not get any drivers to work even generic Windows print drivers will not install. After adding printer, which also won't work half the time it seems the permissions keep reverting to deny although
    it's setup allow from everyone, the drivers never install. I have once got it to work and printed a test page but after a few minutes it stopped again and I can not get it to work since. Other issues with everything on the network is not accessible from this
    WS running Win10 but is from all other devices, the same issue permissions are always set to deny although on the devices permissions are set to allow (Win7). There seems to be a compatibility issue between Win7 and Win10 permissions over network connections
    and sharing.

DonaldDion, Mar 15, 2017
  3. Can't see shares

Have upgraded win7 workstations on server2012 to Win10 pro. can join to server but cannot see (in Network). Pings OK. shares that were seen in win7 not showing now in win10.

Thoughts???

EvanFriedmann, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Welcome to the forum. When you updated did the PC get added to the domain are you logging in with local or ms account?

Samuria, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

1. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7 - Similar Threads - Network share has

2. Win10 and win7 network woes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 and win7 network woes: Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine....
  3. Need help with Win10 Network Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Win10 Network Sharing Permissions: Hello there, I need help configuring network access to remote machine folders. Here is the scenario: my remote machine is at Site-A this machine have several network shared folders, one of which is the location of my projects working copy (let's name it "My Projects") I...
  4. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing: The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing. The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full...
  5. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  6. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  7. network sharing permissions

network sharing permissions: how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698
  8. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  9. How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?: Hello, i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803). PC1 - Win7 Pro PC2 - Win10 Pro (old) PC3 - Win10 Pro 1803 Before i did upgrade, these 3 PCs were connected with Home Group and sharing was working....
  10. Win10 TP AOK, Win7 > Win10 soso. IE11 has no tcpip access...

Win10 TP AOK, Win7 > Win10 soso. IE11 has no tcpip access...: My machine has two boot volumes. vol3 (win7 now win10) and vol5 (win8 tp10). After automatic upgrade of win7p to Win10p(64) on vol3, all appeared to be well. It activated just fine (good network) and Edge and Chrome work fine. However, IE11, FireFox, Thunderbird, iolo...