Windows 10: network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

Discus and support network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PC 1 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. On it we have set up a user called Corey. This is the PC with the shares PC 2 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. This is the client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Aug 13, 2019.

1. network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

PC 1 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. On it we have set up a user called Corey. This is the PC with the shares
    PC 2 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. This is the client PC, it's user name is Corey.

On PC 2 we have set up a Windows credential with user name Corey, a password and the network address of PC1

We shared a folder on PC1 called Movies 1 (With the space). For diagnostic purposes Everyone has full control of the share and security on the share.

On PC 2 I entered from a cmd prompt net use x: \\pc1"Movies 1" /persistent:yes

This fails with Error 53 The network path is not found.

If he maps a network drive via explorer it works fine.

Why does the command not work?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Vayra86 Win User

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Aug 13, 2019
  3. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Aug 13, 2019
  4. JOS
    jos Win User

network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

W10-home and -pro behave different on shared folders

Thanks for the reply and sorry, but cannot find exactly what you are pounting to. I have set both home and pro to the same network-settings all over and selected the private/home only version at startup.
    Could you add some screendumps where I have to look as I am running a Dutch version? Could it be that W10-pro has more security build in and protects the PC this way?
    By the way: as I told the lady of MS I never had any sharing problems in W7-pro she suggested to rollback W10...........

Thema:

network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

1. network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line - Similar Threads - network share w10

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. formateo de w10 a w10 pro

formateo de w10 a w10 pro: al formatear mi laptop a w10 pro con la iso que corresponde formatea mi pc pero el resultado despues de formatear me da el mismo windows 10 que tengo instalado.la iso que uso la descargue de la pagina de microsoft..lo he intentado varias veces pero el resultado es el mismo...
  7. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hi all, As part on my A+ studies, I have noticed that some features are not part of the home edition. As part of my training package, I also have some other courses like the MCSE. Would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to W10 Pro? Kind Regards Tim...
  8. W10 Pro

W10 Pro: Hello on my old PC I delete activation key for w10 Pro with slmgr /upk - W10 Pro is now deaktivated. Now I try on my new PC to activate W10 Pro and ge the error 0x803fa067. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Rolf...
  9. UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UPGRADE FROM W10 PRO EDUCATION TO PRO: Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Pro Education. Right now I have Pro Education installed and I would like to change it to Windows 10 Pro since I've always used that and it's my preferred OS. If I get a Windows 10 Pro OEM key, can I change it?...
  10. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...