Windows 10: network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

Discus and support network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PC 1 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. On it we have set up a user called Corey. This is the PC with the shares PC 2 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. This is the client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Aug 13, 2019.

1. network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

PC 1 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. On it we have set up a user called Corey. This is the PC with the shares
    PC 2 is Windows 10 Pro 1809. This is the client PC, it's user name is Corey.

On PC 2 we have set up a Windows credential with user name Corey, a password and the network address of PC1

We shared a folder on PC1 called Movies 1 (With the space). For diagnostic purposes Everyone has full control of the share and security on the share.

On PC 2 I entered from a cmd prompt net use x: \\pc1"Movies 1" /persistent:yes

This fails with Error 53 The network path is not found.

If he maps a network drive via explorer it works fine.

Why does the command not work?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Vayra86 Win User

W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Aug 13, 2019
  3. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Aug 13, 2019
  4. JOS
    jos Win User

network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

W10-home and -pro behave different on shared folders

Thanks for the reply and sorry, but cannot find exactly what you are pounting to. I have set both home and pro to the same network-settings all over and selected the private/home only version at startup.
    Could you add some screendumps where I have to look as I am running a Dutch version? Could it be that W10-pro has more security build in and protects the PC this way?
    By the way: as I told the lady of MS I never had any sharing problems in W7-pro she suggested to rollback W10...........

Thema:

network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line

1. network share w10 Pro to W10 pro works on gui but not from cmd line - Similar Threads - network share w10

2. Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery Issue - 1903 W10 Pro X64: Hi all, I have got a weird intermittent issue with a recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro PC which has been updated from 1803 to 1903. The PC shares a printer and files. Before the upgrade, their hasn't been any issue with the PC until after upgrading to 1903. Ever since...
  3. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  4. W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!

W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!: Between Netbook and Desktop, both running W10. Netbook can view, but not access, the drives of the Desktop - states that i haven't given it permission to share on the desktop. I have got into the share permissions properties countless times on both netbook and desktop. Both...
  5. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....
  6. W10 Pro Transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Pro Transparency: Hi guys. How do I get my Windows 10 Pro's transparency to properly show as seen in this picture preview? [img] The taskbar icon transparency part is what I'm asking about specifically. [img] Notice how the icons are and how it's boxed? Mine looks completely...
  7. Rebooted from bugcheck, W10/pro x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooted from bugcheck, W10/pro x64: This is something new. I figured it was a reboot from an OS update. But when I checked my update settings, I have notify for update, not automatic update set. My event log said there was a reboot from a bugcheck about 1130pm last night (while the PC was unattended). My PC...
  8. W10-home and -pro behave different on shared folders

W10-home and -pro behave different on shared folders: Who can tell me why W10-home shows all shared folders on the other 2 computers and the router in my home-network like I am used for years now in W7-(all versions) but W10-pro only shows the shared folder on its own computer? Pinging the other 2 computers running W10-home and...
  9. In CMD Network drive not available in W10

In CMD Network drive not available in W10: If there is a network drive R: created using windows explorer, this drive is not available in CMD. Which policy (I think) is responsible for this? 84583
  10. download w10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download w10 pro: I'm using the microsoft downloader tool to make a disk of Windows 10. I want the pro version. It doesn't seem to offer that as an option before the download begins. How do I get the Pro version? Thanks. 73364

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Worldhttps://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how to use alarms in windows 10&FORM=HDRSC3