Windows 10: Network Shared Printer Installation Error

Discus and support Network Shared Printer Installation Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 on two computers. HP Color Laser Jet CP l1215 is on the desktop. I want to install it on the network Laptop. It indicates that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichLu, Jan 23, 2021.

1. RichLu Win User

Network Shared Printer Installation Error

Win 10 on two computers. HP Color Laser Jet CP l1215 is on the desktop. I want to install it on the network Laptop. It indicates that it is installed in the control panel printer list, but when I try to print with it I get an error message that a problem occurred. The printer properties says it's working ok. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

:)

RichLu, Jan 23, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jan 23, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. newtekie1 Win User

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Network Shared Printer Installation Error - Similar Threads - Network Shared Printer

2. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  3. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  4. sharing a printer on network

sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  5. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  7. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Network shared printers.

9. Shared Printer Installation Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Printer Installation Errors: We have a small network setup - Five Windows 10 Pro systems, 1 Windows 2012 R2 server setup as a stand-alone server no Active Directory and five Lexmark forms printers each locally attached to one of the Windows 10 systems and shared out on the network. There is an...
  10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...