Windows 10: Network shared printers

Discus and support Network shared printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We are seeing our shared network printers only show by the driver name on windows 10 2004. This is not happening to all users on this version and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffD-64, Aug 19, 2020.

1. JeffD-64 Win User

Network shared printers

We are seeing our shared network printers only show by the driver name on windows 10 2004. This is not happening to all users on this version and between two accounts one shows some share names with mostly driver named printers. The other account does not show any shared printer names and all printers are listed by the driver installed. We use Canon, HP and have one brother printer shared and manufacturer does not appear to matter. I can remove all devices and add back with the share name but this will eventually revert back to driver names. Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix? We cannot move forward with any updated to Win 10 until we have this resolved.

thank you

:)

JeffD-64, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Printer Sharing Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want the printer to be shared on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the make and model of the printer?

To share the printer on the network, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Share your network printer
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 19, 2020
  4. BobBarr Win User

Network shared printers

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Network shared printers

1. Network shared printers - Similar Threads - Network shared printers

2. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  3. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  4. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  5. sharing a printer on network

sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  6. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  9. Network shared printers.

10. Printer sharing on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...