Windows 10: Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

Discus and support Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After coming out of hibernation, all of my network share mappings are disconnected and I have to double-click on each of them to reconnect. This just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sugargenius, May 16, 2016.

1. Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

After coming out of hibernation, all of my network share mappings are disconnected and I have to double-click on each of them to reconnect. This just started happening today. Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

sugargenius, May 16, 2016

2. Computer shuts down coming out of hibernation

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you installed any third party security software?
    • Have you checked whether the issue occurs without opening any application when you put computer on hibernation?

Method 1: I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your system (except the Keyboard and mouse) and check if it helps.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to update all the pending Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Also try to boot the Computer in Safe Mode and check if the issues is occurring or not. After following the below steps from the link. Under the options. Please select Safe Mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2016
  3. Computer shuts down coming out of hibernation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When "Press esc. to access boot options" appears on the screen, have you tried to press on ESC key and check?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the
    Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search box next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the Screen.

4. Click on Power.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below Method.

Method 2: Try to create a new power plan and check if the issue occurring or not.

1. Type "Power Options" without the quotes in
    Search box next to Start Menu and click on it.

2. Click on create a power plan.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

That would be correct with Hibernation. Nothing new with this behavior that has been around since XP SP3. All that I can say is to make sure that if you have any third party Security software running, that is is not the culprit and to just use a standard shutdown or place it into Sleep state if you are not putting it in a bag to take it somewhere.

bro67, May 17, 2016
Thema:

Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

1. Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation - Similar Threads - Network Shares disconnected

2. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  3. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  4. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  5. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  6. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode: I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode, the sound works fine. I can go to my itunes and play music or whatever requires sound and it works fine. If I click for the...
  7. intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate: There are times when bringing laptop out of suspend or hibernate the display has what looks like 16 bit video. I have to log out or restart the laptop to get it back to proper display. This occurs randomly, time in suspend or hibernate does not seem to be an issue. This is...
  8. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  9. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop wont come out of hibernation: I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from hibernate state. I have tried a hibernate disable-enable cycle and it doesnt help. When I try to resume from hibernate, the laptop...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...