Windows 10: network sharing / access

Discus and support network sharing / access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've clicked and searched folders, explorer, sharing, users, advanced etc. and all I know to look at for hours. I can't access Jason at all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mark Kalin, Jan 3, 2020.

1. network sharing / access

network sharing / access ae060475-d927-43b1-bcfc-e18ae0987f5d?upload=true.png

I've clicked and searched folders, explorer, sharing, users, advanced etc. and all I know to look at for hours. I can't access Jason at all, see this message. I can see the third computer and can access the \\users\public folder - on it. His computer name is -2019 why it shows up as 201 is a mystery. Any help would be great.

:)

Mark Kalin, Jan 3, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 3, 2020
  4. network sharing / access

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

network sharing / access

1. network sharing / access - Similar Threads - network sharing access

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Problem with access to network shares

Problem with access to network shares: Hello, I have a problem with network shares. I will try to describe the problem the best way I can: I share some folders from a Windows 2019 server: \\serverA.domain.local\folder1 \\serverA.domain.local\folder2 \\serverA.domain.local\folder3 Most of the users access the...
  4. Problem with access to network shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with access to network shares: Hello, I have a problem with network shares. I will try to describe the problem the best way I can: I share some folders from a Windows 2019 server: \\serverA.domain.local\folder1 \\serverA.domain.local\folder2 \\serverA.domain.local\folder3 Most of the users access the...
  5. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  6. Can't Access File Sharing or Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access File Sharing or Network: Hello,I'm having a difficult time right now getting my file sharing and Network to run.Im trying to use Roon Audio via a ROCK NUC10i3. I'm at this stephttps://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roon-os-missing-codecsBut I have nothing showing up in my network drive.I've...
  7. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  8. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

Win 10 not accessing shares on the network: I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions are highly...
  9. BSOD accessing a network share

BSOD accessing a network share: I have a PC running Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7). I also have a network disk connected to the Apple Airport base station. The disk is formatted as SMB share and the Airport handles it without any problems. The disk is accessible by any other computer I have (2 Mac...
  10. Can't access network shares

Can't access network shares: Before the upgrade to 10 I was on 7 and logged in with a local account with all computers having the same usernames and passwords and sharing worked flawlessly. After the upgrade I am now logging in with a Microsoft account and sharing does not work. Windows 7 Pro -->...