Windows 10: Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

Discus and support Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot turn on network sharing. The setting does not save when i tune it on, it disables on its own. I have done troubleshooting listed from this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalwinAng, May 7, 2020.

1. CalwinAng Win User

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

I cannot turn on network sharing. The setting does not save when i tune it on, it disables on its own. I have done troubleshooting listed from this forum page. someone please advice

:)

CalwinAng, May 7, 2020

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, May 7, 2020
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 7, 2020
  4. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

file sharing over local network issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest the following to resolve the issue you are faced with.

Method 1: Windows can't detect a computer on a Public network. To fix this problem, you can try changing the network location to Home or Work or try connecting to a network that already has a Home or Work network location.

Method 2:

If Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol is disabled on the network adapter. Windows uses the LLTD protocol to map computers and devices on a network. To enable LLTD, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type adapter, and then, under
      Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

• Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

• Select the Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder check boxes, and then click
      OK.

[*]
    Method 3: To turn on network discovery, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type network, click
      Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.

• Click the drop down icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

• Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909

1. Network Sharing and discovery issue windows 10 home 1909 - Similar Threads - Network Sharing discovery

2. Windows 1909. Network Discovery setting keeps resetting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 1909. Network Discovery setting keeps resetting.: I was able to use Network Discovery feature on the same laptopn I am talking about now for a long time: I was sharing files within my home Wifi, with other windows devices. It was all good. But recently, when I moved to a new apt and therefore connected to other wifi router,...
  3. Network Discovery Issues

Network Discovery Issues: Hello. I have 3 windows 10 computers on my local network and for the life of me i cant get them to see each other on the network so i can share files. i have changed function host to automatic delayed start and smdk 1.0 is disabled on all computers. what else can i do??...
  4. Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets

Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets: Hello. I got a laptop a week ago with Windows 10. This morning when I tried to copy a document from the main PC (Windows 7) via WiFi, an error appeared "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network...
  5. Windows 10 Networking - 1 PC with Discovery Issues

Windows 10 Networking - 1 PC with Discovery Issues: Greetings! My network has 4 PC's. I had just built two new PC's and getting ready to do file transfers between the old PC's to the new PC's but ever since the removal of HomeGroups I haven't bothered to setup sharing since. But now that I have, I'm running into problems....
  6. Network Discovery Issues

Network Discovery Issues: My computer has been having issues maintaining an internet connection when I use my phone as a hotspot with a cable or as wifi. I tried a few things that others found helpful and have made the issue worse. Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and sharing Center...
  7. Windows 10 Network Discovery Issues

Windows 10 Network Discovery Issues: Hi All I have two computers connected through a router. Before the Windows update that removed the HOMEGROUP, both were connected to the homegroup and I could share files easily between them without any problems. After the update however, the computers are having trouble...
  8. Windows 10 Network Discovery Not Working on Home Network

Windows 10 Network Discovery Not Working on Home Network: I have 4 computers in a home network, but only 2 of them can see each other. Up until recently I was using Windows 10 Homegroup with printer sharing enabled, but now that the Homegroup feature has been removed from Windows 10 I'm stuck. Printer sharing used to work with the...
  9. Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues.

Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues.: I updated my gaming computer to the latest build of windows 10.. don't quite remember what the number of it was, it was about a week ago I did this. I was hoping MS would sort out the issue in a hotfix or a patch or something. It's been over a week now. The problem still...
  10. Network discovery and sharing turned on Windows 10

Network discovery and sharing turned on Windows 10: Hello all, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to network security and so I ask for your help. I have recently bought a new computer and made sure when connecting to my WiFi to connect to a public network and ensure that network discovery is turned off. All the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. services for network discovery display windows 10 1909

2. how to create home network windows 10 version 1909 that actually works