Windows 10: Network sharing asking for network credentials

Discus and support Network sharing asking for network credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjculbertson, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Network sharing asking for network credentials

I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the computer's login info. Neither option works - I get the message that "the user name or password is incorrect".

In an effort to try another option, I clicked on the option "Connect with Remote Desktop Connection", I get the message that "Remote desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons: 1)Remote access to the server is not enabled 2)The remote computer is turned off 3)The remote computer is not available on the network" The computer is on, sharing is enabled and it is connected to the network....I can see it in File Explorer.

Please help! I need to access the files on my other computer to move them to my new one.

:)

kjculbertson, Dec 5, 2018

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Network Credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to control panel
    • Select Network and sharing center
    • Click on Advance sharing Settings
    • Click on all network
    • Turn off password protected sharing
    Check if it helps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Dec 5, 2018
  4. John Zab Win User

Network sharing asking for network credentials

Windows 10 asking for Network Credentials

Hi Charlie,

To assist you with your concern regarding home network issue, you can try the following:

Method 1: Check your PC's date and time settings.

Method 2:

Control Panel > Network and Internet >
    Network and Sharing Center
    > Advanced Sharing Setting >
    Change sharing options for different network profiles.

• Select all networks.
    • Under password selected sharing, select the second option Turn off password sharing. (You will have to sign out and sign in after.
    • Return to Change sharing options for different network profiles.
    • Select Private.
    • Under HomeGroup connections, select first option Allow Windows to manage HomeGroup connections (recommended).
    • You will be asked to sign out and sign in again.
    The network should work and shouldn't ask for any network credentials.

Let us know the outcome.

John Zab, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Network sharing asking for network credentials

1. Network sharing asking for network credentials - Similar Threads - Network sharing asking

2. File Share on networked PC asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share on networked PC asks for credentials: I can access shared folders from Windows 10, but it requires credentials. I have password protection turned off, so I don't know why it's asking for this. I entered credentials that I happen to remember, and I'm able to sign in. Where are these credentials, and why is it...
  3. File Share on networked PC asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Share on networked PC asks for credentials: I can access shared folders from Windows 10, but it requires credentials. I have password protection turned off, so I don't know why it's asking for this. I entered credentials that I happen to remember, and I'm able to sign in. Where are these credentials, and why is it...
  4. File Share on networked PC asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  6. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  7. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  8. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  9. Asking for Network Credentials

Asking for Network Credentials: I have two machines, A and B. Both run W10 1909 as local accounts. Each have the same user name and are connected to the same private network. Both appear in the other's File Explorer. A can access B but when tries to access A it gets an "Enter Network Credentials" message....
  10. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when I am network it is askin type credentials

2. turn off password protected sharing is checked enter network credentials windows 10

3. network sharing still asking for network cridential