Windows 10: Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access?

Discus and support Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Win10 Pro machine upgraded from Win7 Ultimate. All was well with Win10 until the network and sharing centre stopped believing I was connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rivimey, Aug 30, 2016.

1. rivimey Win User

Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access?

I have a Win10 Pro machine upgraded from Win7 Ultimate. All was well with Win10 until the network and sharing centre stopped believing I was connected to the internet, despite being able to connect just fine. That is, the "View your active networks" just says "You are not currently connected to any networks", but my ethernet adapter settings say I'm connected, and indeed I am.

For a while, this was "OK" because seems to have been operating as a Public network, but now it's completely gone and I cannot get network shares to work at all. This is now causing hassle!

I have tried:
    • Disabling the adapter and Enabling again.
    • Uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it, with a reboot.
    • Tried all the network troubleshooters, multiple times. They all report 'couldn't identify the problem'.
    • Running "netsh winsock reset", and also "netsh interface ipv4 reset", "netsh interface ipv6 reset", with reboot
    • Reinstalling the adapter from the latest Intel i218-V driver (was using 2015 MS driver), with reboot.
    • Restarting multiple services, such as the Network List service.
    • Running the intel adapter selftest suite: no issues found.
    • Resetting some services to be "Automatic" start from Manual.
    • Removing a bunch of registry keys in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Network tree and forcing their regeneration by reinstalling the ethernet adapter driver again.

My only hint of success is that when I reinstalled the adapter driver, for a second or so the view active networks did change to suggest it was looking for a location, but then very quickly reset back to 'not connected'.

I'm getting a bit desperate....

Is this a real bug in Win10 or is there some config setting that can be changed or reset?

If (and I really don't want to, because it will invalidate at least one software license) I had to reinstall Windows, how would I do so given that I only have old Win7 install media?

Do MS have any useful support service these days?

:)

rivimey, Aug 30, 2016
  2. gs44 Win User

Internet only, No Local network

Hello,

I have windows 10 and I have my own router that I use for internet access and local networking with other pc's also running windows 10 with shared drives and printers. It has worked flawlessly locally connecting to other pc/drives and printer sharing.

My network by clock has always said network and internet access until today.... Now it just says internet access and my local network does not work.

So why all of a sudden do I only have internet with NO LOCAL network access ???? All other pc's on my home network still function and connect to local just fine.

Rebooting router does nothing...

rebooting this pc does nothing...

resetting network on this pc does nothing....

All share settings are correct and network and sharing shows "private network" as it should.

3. Ray_1234 Win User
    Phone connected to PC thru Bluetooth, yet cannot access PC's internet connection thru it

Everything seems to be working properly, except I cannot access the internet from my phone which is connected to my internet-connected pc through bluetooth

in "Manage Bluetooth Devices" it says phone is connected; also, it shows up in: "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers" ...phone has wi-fi turned off, bluetooth is turned on, I have "internet connection sharing" allowed for my pc's internet
    connection and PC is connected to the internet....

And my phone lists my pc as a paired device...my pc says, under "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" under the 'Bluetooth Network Connection' it says Not Connected. What could the problem be?

Ray_1234, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access?

Try running this as admin to see, if it helps. Mine network normally shows Not Connected and this enables it.

TairikuOkami, Aug 30, 2016
  5. rivimey Win User
    Thanks for that. The first part ran fine with nothing unexpected; the remainder did this:

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=0 call disable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="0")->disable() Method execution successful. Out Parameters: instance of __PARAMETERS { ReturnValue = 0; }; C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=1 call disable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="1")->disable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=2 call disable No Instance(s) Available. C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=3 call disable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="3")->disable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=4 call disable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="4")->disable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=5 call disable No Instance(s) Available. C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=0 call enable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="0")->enable() Method execution successful. Out Parameters: instance of __PARAMETERS { ReturnValue = 0; }; C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=1 call enable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="1")->enable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=2 call enable No Instance(s) Available. C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=3 call enable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="3")->enable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=4 call enable Executing (\\SHERLOCK\root\cimv2:Win32_NetworkAdapter.DeviceID="4")->enable() ERROR: Description = Invalid method Parameter(s) C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic path win32_networkadapter where index=5 call enable No Instance(s) Available. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] Not sure if this was expected or not, but no change in the COnnected status is visible. *Sad

rivimey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access?

1. Network Sharing Centre says Not connected, but PC has internet access? - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Centre

2. Internet not accessible from the PC sharing the connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not accessible from the PC sharing the connection: Hello,I got one PCa that share it's network with PCb. After a Windows 10 Pro update on 2022-06-15 on PCa it was unable to connect to the internet if the "Internet Connection Sharing" was enabled. The PCa got two interfaces connected to the router and one towards PCb, if...
  3. Internet not accessible from the PC sharing the connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not accessible from the PC sharing the connection: Hello,I got one PCa that share it's network with PCb. After a Windows 10 Pro update on 2022-06-15 on PCa it was unable to connect to the internet if the "Internet Connection Sharing" was enabled. The PCa got two interfaces connected to the router and one towards PCb, if...
  4. Internet not accessible from the PC sharing the connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 access to Network Share Centre

Windows 10 access to Network Share Centre: My new Win 10 PC cannot access the content of my DLink Share Centre Network Attached Storage NAS device on my home network. It sees the device, but not the contents, except for the small folder UPnPDB.A Macbook Air on the network has full access to the NAS.The Win 10 PC...
  6. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  7. Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access

Internet Connection Sharing: No internet / no network access: I am trying to share my wifi connection with my ethernet port. When I share my wifi the ethernet is not getting any internet/wifi access. This option worked intermittently for me but now I can never get a connection. Does anyone have a solution. Many thanks,...
  8. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access": Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues. Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is? Here are...
  9. Network and sharing centre not loading

Network and sharing centre not loading: My pc is a hp probook 450 g6 The problem started when it showed me the 3f0 errorhard drive not found after trying many solutions, I managed to boot in legacy mode and did not have to do a fresh install. However, apps like office and especially my settings kept loading...
  10. PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable, has internet access, but says it...: I've made a post here before but gave up due to unhelpful answers and people not even reading what I said properly, it became frustrating and I gave up. I recently (as of writing this, 10 minutes ago) purchased "Age of Empires 2: Defininive Edition" via steam. What I was not...