Windows 10: Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update

Discus and support Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey There, After the last Windows 10 update my laptop no longer shows up on my network when it's idle for awhile. It goes back on if I use my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bluntage, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Bluntage Win User

Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update

Hey There,

After the last Windows 10 update my laptop no longer shows up on my network when it's idle for awhile. It goes back on if I use my laptop.

I am sharing my laptop HD and two external hard drives attached to it all over a wireless network. I'm not using any kind of homegroup and I am just using network and sharing options so I can access my drives through ES File Explorer on my Android boxes.

I have every device (except my display) set to NOT power off when my computer goes idle and my computer is set to not sleep. I do lock my computer when I am away but that's it. Any idea what happened in the last windows update to cause this?

Thanks!

:)

Bluntage, Oct 30, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Hi,

I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that).

From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The error says that I don't have any permissions. At the same time I can access them from my Win7 computer.

I checked a few suggestions from google (turn on network discovery, file sharing - on, pasword protected sharing, ...) no luck. Most of the suggestions found are for a scenario where I couldn't access any network shares. But this is not the case. Only two are giving me trouble. Even the way permission is granted is the same for all shares - a Security Group in our AD. I also tried changing AllowInsecureGuestAuth in the registry - nothing.

It was fine till some updates got installed. I've uninstalled them (except KB3211320, which cannot be uninstalled) of them and it worked for a while. Till the next updates (which were only for MS Office and not for Windows).

Any ideas?

KaralisArturs, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update

1. Network Sharing Disables When Computer is Idle after Win10 update - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Disables

2. computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11: Hi,As the question states, both my machines' login details is my Microsoft account email and password. When network and sharing is on and I want to access a machine it asks for username and password. If I want this disabled and go to the settings and turn off the password...
  3. computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer not showing on network when password protected sharing is disabled windows 11: Hi,As the question states, both my machines' login details is my Microsoft account email and password. When network and sharing is on and I want to access a machine it asks for username and password. If I want this disabled and go to the settings and turn off the password...
  4. Win10 BSOD when the system is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 BSOD when the system is idle: HelloI hope you're having a nice daySo, recently I've been getting these weird BSODs on my laptop when I'm away from it for like 15mins or so. When I return the machine is rebooted and ready to go. So I did some digging and found the BSOD minidump files.Can you guys please...
  5. Network share not working when Kaspersky is disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network share not working when Kaspersky is disabled: When Kaspersky Internet Security is disabled on PC1, Admin account on PC2 cannot access network share of PC1, whose Admin is the same. When Kaspersky is enabled on, the share works. This suggests to me that something in Windows security is disabling the share. What is it?When...
  6. Computer disconnects from network not during but AFTER idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer disconnects from network not during but AFTER idle: If i leave my computer for several minutes (10ish) and dont do anything and then start using it again the network suddenly disconnects. So i am not using my computer, the internet works fine, i start using it again and the internet is not available for a minute or so. Does...
  7. Wifi disabler when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi disabler when idle: Im tired of trying to stop windows from auto updating (tried setting wifi as metered/tried the regedit method/tried to disable windowsupdate service) also my radeon software changes version everytime im connected to the internet and idle. Is there an app out there that...
  8. Disable sandbox in network sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable sandbox in network sharing: Windows sandbox refuses to restart after some running time and I am already facing delay. Is there a way to disable printing on windows sandbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sandbox-in-network-sharing/1e06c728-477f-4314-8789-52ae5de2309c
  9. Computer not showing up on network after Win10 2020 update.

Computer not showing up on network after Win10 2020 update.: So I just updated computer A to Win10 2004 19041.264 and now computer B ( Win10 1909 18363.836) can not see it. The ethernet network ( via cable ) was working perfectly before the update. There must have been a change in the updated computer A somewhere but I cannot work...
  10. Disable network sharing

Disable network sharing: If you're not seeing the Computer Browser in Services .... The Computer Browser service relies on SMBv1 and the browser service is uninstalled if the SMBv1 client or server is uninstalled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709