Windows 10: Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Discus and support Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexS420, Dec 23, 2020.

1. AlexS420 Win User

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Hello !

I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here:

Things are as it follows:

I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router, provided by the ISP.

I am trying to use the Desktop PC, connected to the network via cable, and share some folders / partitions, make them available on the network for the wifi connected laptops to access.

The problem is that the Desktop is not detected by any of the laptops, not even responds to ping from one of the laptops.

The two laptops I mostly use can somehow see each other on the network and I was able to access some public files, but never the shared, specific folder / partition from any of the laptops.

Desktop PC: Win 10, up to date, except for 20h2.

Laptop1: Win 8.1, all up to date - main reason for the share folder
    Laptop: Win10, all up to date

All technet articles read and applied, spoke to the customer support in my country, as well as international, via chat.

Services all up and running, set on automatic, all admin accounts.

Sharing, discovery enabled, password protection disabled.

If you require any other info that might ring a bell, I would be more than glad to provide. My best wishes will go your way, may you find a 3080 in stock, discounted !

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays !

:)

AlexS420, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Network sharing

Hi Yrralrellim, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Most obvious things to check:

1. Is Network Discovery turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    2. Is File and printer sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    3. Is Public folder sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?

Screenshot, list items 1 & 2:

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations [​IMG]

Screenshot, list item 3:

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations [​IMG]

Click screenshots to enlarge.

Thema:

1. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Folder

2. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  3. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  4. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  6. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  7. Network Shared Folder

Network Shared Folder: I set permissions for a user to a network shared folder, and then mapped the network folder on her laptop. At first everything seems fine, but then one of the subfolders disappear, and later reappears. This has been going on intermittently since. Any ideas why this is...
  8. User folder in network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User folder in network sharing: [ATTACH] Hello, i want to ask, my network folder showing 'Users' and if i delete this folder from Computer Management > Shared Folder > Shares, will it damage the system or user? Thank you....
  9. sharing folders on home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders on home network: After update, I can no longer access shared folders on my wife's laptop from my laptop over our home network. How may I turn this on again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-folders-on-home-network/56cc4ace-5759-47cb-b514-9c86e98307d9"
  10. Sharing folders on a private network

Sharing folders on a private network: I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize it's on a private network, turned on...