Windows 10: Network Sharing in Windows 10

Discus and support Network Sharing in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" after updated in Windows 10? I added permission... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anandakumar R., Jan 3, 2019.

1. Network Sharing in Windows 10

"You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" after updated in Windows 10? I added permission "EVERYONE" in security.

:)

Anandakumar R., Jan 3, 2019

2. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Network sharing

Hi Yrralrellim, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Most obvious things to check:

1. Is Network Discovery turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    2. Is File and printer sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?
    3. Is Public folder sharing turned on on the Windows 10 machines?

Screenshot, list items 1 & 2:

Network Sharing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Screenshot, list item 3:

Network Sharing in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Click screenshots to enlarge.

Kari, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Network Sharing in Windows 10

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Network Sharing in Windows 10

1. Network Sharing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network Sharing

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  6. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  7. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  8. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  9. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...
  10. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network sharing

2. network sharing adapter

3. windows 10 network and sharing

4. windpws 10 network sharing,
  5. win 10 file sharing over netwrok,
  6. administrator network sharing password windows 10