Windows 10: Network sharing is a real pain

Discus and support Network sharing is a real pain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just installed windows pro 64 bit on both PCs. Followed a few guides to get setup and turned off that network credentials on both PCs. But when i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Driver170, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Driver170 Win User

Network sharing is a real pain

Just installed windows pro 64 bit on both PCs.

Followed a few guides to get setup and turned off that network credentials on both PCs. But when i go on PC 2 and try to access PC 1 it STILL keeps asking for credentials even though on PC 1 i have disabled it.

However on PC 1 i can access PC 2 without it asking me for credentials BUT it wont allow me to access a folder even though i have shared it for EVERYONE!

:)

Driver170, Apr 19, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Network sharing is a real pain - Similar Threads - Network sharing real

2. Network sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing: Having problems with network sharing i have a windows 11 and I'm trying to share with a windows 10 and windows XP-7. I also keep getting a message Enter network credentials when i press on computer name.Best RegardsRon...
  3. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing: I have two users on my PC, one admin and another on standard. I made a folder in standard user's account and denied write permission for admin. So, even as an admin of PC, I am not able to modify that folder. Why is this happening?...
  4. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  5. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  6. Network sharing

Network sharing: windows version number 10.0.19041.508 So, every time Windows 10 does some major update/upgrade, it messes with my husband's/my ability to network with each others' computers. It is just us on the network. This time, I click this and that on my computer, finding his computer...
  7. Network sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    Network sharing: windows version number 10.0.19041.508 So, every time Windows 10 does some major update/upgrade, it messes with my husband's/my ability to network with each others' computers. It is just us on the network. This time, I click this and that on my computer, finding his computer...
  8. WINDOWS UPDATES ARE NOW A REAL PAIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS UPDATES ARE NOW A REAL PAIN: After years of worrying about Windows Security and its weakness, its finally been resolved and is now top class. However just when you feel you can enjoy Windows 10. We have a real problem with updates . I am at the point of going to Apple. I cant think of the full number...
  9. Network sharing

Network sharing: Ok, so I made a bad decision. I renamed my computer from an assigned name after I got a new hard drive. I lost sharing with two other computers in my household. They can share with each other but not me. I followed the directions about right clicking on the folder to share,...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: I am not a newbie but there is a lot I have yet to learn. I do not have a homegroup set up but on my Windows 8 machine I can see all of my Windows 7 machines (2). On both of my Windows 7 machines I can see all of my other Windows 7 machine and the Windows 8 machine. My...