Windows 10: Network sharing issues

Discus and support Network sharing issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jessica alsford, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Network sharing issues

I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop computers from my main computer which the database is downloaded on. The database works fine on the main desktop because it doesn't stream through the network. My issue is when accessing the database on the other 3 desktops it loads Microsoft access and then is failing to open the database and flagging up error signs. On an odd occasion the database will open but not operate properly and is not saving anything I input.

Is this network sharing issue or an issue within the Microsoft access ?

I have reset the internet, checked for updates on all monitors, rebooted the monitors, compact and repaired the database from the main desktop and still not working!!!!!!!

:)

jessica alsford, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Sep 21, 2018
  4. brummyfan Win User

Network sharing issues

Wireless network issue

Right click start button(far left in task bar), go to Device manager, expand Network Adapters, right click Wi-Fi select Properties and find the version of your driver in Drivers tab.

Network sharing issues [​IMG]

brummyfan, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Network sharing issues

1. Network sharing issues - Similar Threads - Network sharing issues

2. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Sharing Issue

Network Sharing Issue: I've windows 10 pro. version 20H2. I'm having issues in Network Sharing. It's like i can access few nodes on my network but those few including every single node on my network can't access my laptop. The error is in the below pic : [ATTACH] When I try to access some node...
  6. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  7. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  8. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  9. Network Share Issue

Network Share Issue: Hi I posted here before about a network share issue I am having. Here's the story so far About two weeks ago I could share over my network via SMB,then that weekend there was an update to windows defender on saturday night,since then I haven't being able to share smb on...
  10. Network share issue

Network share issue: Hi, I posted on the kodi support forum but to no avail,unfortunately I cannot access my destktop share from my android tv downstairs,I am using kodi media server to stream but it will not connect to my network. On my router I can see the TV IP MAC etc,and I can ping it...