Windows 10: Network sharing keeps dropping out

Discus and support Network sharing keeps dropping out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I spend most weekends trying to restore a simple shared LAN and it is driving me crazy. I have two PC's connecte tothe same router. Now both by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErickTreetops, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Network sharing keeps dropping out

I spend most weekends trying to restore a simple shared LAN and it is driving me crazy.
    I have two PC's connecte tothe same router. Now both by eithernet.
    PC A and PC B

I have mapped somf of PC B's folders inside PC A. so that i can copy files over.
    I also have a remote connection saved from PC A to PC B

A reboot of my router and they start to work.
    In the case of the remote desktop a few minutes later and the connection ceases. With the error that the computer is not on or not enalbed for Remote connections. But as i was just using it neither of those statements are true.

The second issue is the maped drives. Should either of the PC's be rebooted the maped drives stop working.
    In fact PC A can nolonger see PC B at all even to remap tedrives. It sees the PC on the network but that's about it .

Usually a reboot of router will fix this.

But there has to be a better way. Should my IP addresses be static ? Is it to do with the master pc in my LAN.

Any assistance appreciated before madness sets in .

Erick

:)

ErickTreetops, Nov 5, 2016

2. Internet Sharing doesn't work on Lumia 1020 with Cyan Update

I'm also having problems with internet sharing after I updated my 1020 to cyan. I can share the connection but it keeps constantly dropping out Network sharing keeps dropping out :(

anttimonty, Nov 5, 2016
  3. ML2323CR Win User
    Windows 10 Default gateway not available

I am having exactly same problem. Only since installing Windows 10 Ethernet connection keeps dropping out but Wi-Fi connections are fine. After running troubleshoot problems within Network and Sharing centre I get the following messages.

- Reset the local area connection adapter

- The Default Gateway is not available - Fixed

After these messages issue is fixed and Ethernet access is available again until next time it drops out.

Any ideas on how to permanently resolve this issue

Mike

ML2323CR, Nov 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Network sharing keeps dropping out

Rebooting your router is not going to solve it. If you can assign a IP to a MAC in the Router, that works a lot better for Static IP's. If you are running any kind of third party Internet Security software, that can mess with Netbios and SMB/CIFS.

bro67, Nov 5, 2016
  5. ok..thanks i will give that i try . But i also heard that in the case of Homegroups one of the PC's takes on the role of a DNS server.
    So i assing an IP to a MAC address in my router ? I'll see how to do that. I'm running a Billioln 7800nxl and it has extensive setup capability. I just never use it.

ErickTreetops, Nov 6, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Home Group is fine if you are going to restrict people to a group of Libraries, which originally Microsoft was praising how easy it was to just share files in the home on the network. They forgot that most of us do not want just access to certain folders, we need to be able to access deeper areas that Home Group restricts you.

I would learn the Router pages, since it will be your best friend once you understand what power there is. I use the Cisco RV-320 and it has more features than I use, but I love the fact that it is very easy to setup MAC to IP assignments.

Not a bad Gateway that you have. I like that they give you Triple WAN options.

bro67, Nov 6, 2016
  7. Barman58 Win User
    One of the major causes of network connection drop-outs is the power management option in the Ethernet properties

Network sharing keeps dropping out [​IMG]

have a look at the Power management setting for the Ethernet connection and ensure that the indicated power option is not set as this will switch off the connection after a period of inactivity of the port.

Barman58, Nov 6, 2016
  8. Network sharing keeps dropping out

ok. so i gave every adapter on my two PC's both ethernet and wifi a static IP address.
    All have internet access.
    I can ping my HTPC from my study.
    My HTPC has an external hard drive designated M that i have shared with everyone but given my Microsoft account admin access.
    I use my microsoft admin account on both machines.
    Both run windows 10. One is 32 and the other 64 bit.
    I can see my HTPC in windows explorer on my study PC.

After a reboot of Modem, HTPC and study PC I was able to remapp the drives.
    Now lets hope that they do not dissapear again.

ErickTreetops, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network sharing keeps dropping out

1. Network sharing keeps dropping out - Similar Threads - Network sharing keeps

2. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  3. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out: Hi. I am running a Windows 10 OS. My question is, why is it that I have to always restart my PC in order for my Shared Folder to be able to be accessed by other PCs? When other PCs can't connect to my shared folder, I have to restart it and then they'll be to connect to it....
  4. Shared Folder - Network Sharing keeps dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network keeps dropping

Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  6. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  7. Network keeps dropping

8. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  9. network keeps dropping

network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  10. Network share keeps dropping

Network share keeps dropping: Hi I have 2 Pc's A&B with network share setup on the A . So i can see all the shared folders On pc B But after a while the network share drops then i have to restart the pc then it works again. Sometimes theres no activity then after few hours i try to use it then the...