Windows 10: Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Discus and support Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Feb 12, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Hello,

I have some laptops and computers in my office.

Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices.

Why is this happening?
    I didn't change any setting.

I tried restarting the router and laptops multiple times but nothing worked.

The wired and wireless connection use the same default gateway with a static IP. IP is different but the default gateway is the same (10.0.0.1)

Why did this happen all of a sudden?
    And why is wired connection working but wireless is not?

:)

lolcocks, Feb 12, 2019

2. Can not connect to wired network and wifi at the same time.

I have a Windows 7 box I'm working with.

There is a wired local network which provides access to a network hard drive and printer.

There is a wireless network that provides access to the internet.

The system had been working fine.

Problem now is that the wifi will find the router, but not connect to the internet.

Now when the wired network is plugged in the wifi will connect to the router, but not provide internet access.

If I unplug the wired network the wifi connects to the internet normally.

Windows Network Diagnostics is unable to provide any solution or possible cause.

One thing that comes to mind is a problem with the network card (which is build into the motherboard).

Another idea that comes to mind is that the computer is attempting to get internet access from the wired connection and when that fails it is not going to the wifi connection. Is there a way to tell Windows to only look for internet access via the wifi?

I followed the process here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2526067

Moving the wifi network connection to the top of the list. Wired to the bottom.

Is there any thing I should be looking at in the software or settings? Thanks.

Skippy Smith, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Feb 12, 2019
  4. FLY3R Win User

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired. :)

FLY3R, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired. - Similar Threads - Network sharing working

2. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  3. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  4. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File sharing over network not working again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing over network not working again: Hello,I have been having this problem since getting a new desktop at the beginning of the year and installing Windows 11; I don't know what to do anymore. We are on a network with two computers and need to file share. Whenever I double click and try to see the laptops' files,...
  6. File sharing over network not working again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over network not working again: Hello,I have been having this problem since getting a new desktop at the beginning of the year and installing Windows 11; I don't know what to do anymore. We are on a network with two computers and need to file share. Whenever I double click and try to see the laptops' files,...
  7. Shared files over wifi

Shared files over wifi: Have 2 pcs running Windows 10 pro. The once with router & LAN cable can see shared files on the other but the one which uses wifi can't see shared files on the other, although it can connect to the internet. Help!...
  8. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network: We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print over WiFi. Several Mac OS laptops are able to print fine. Laptops that once could print over WiFi no longer can. After...
  9. Which network has precedence over the other - Wired LAN or WiFi

Which network has precedence over the other - Wired LAN or WiFi: Hi, I have a question my computer is connected over a LAN and is connected through WiFi as well, can someone please advise me which of these networks will have precedence over the other? Looks like Wired LAN but want to be sure and answered from the eXperts here....
  10. Sharing over WiFi

Sharing over WiFi: At present working with one machine connected to router wired and one over WiFi. With ver 1803 and both Function Discovery services set to Auto Start Delayed getting to wired works like a charm. The wired machine can see the WiFi shared drive but, get access denied. Is there...