Windows 10: Network Sharing Not Working

Discus and support Network Sharing Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpitFire ll, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Network Sharing Not Working

I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my PC. I can sometimes get it to work when manually putting in a DNS server on the xbox but when i do that i have strict or Moderate NAT. PC works fine via ethernet. Xbox Works fine with OPEN NAT when plugged in via ethernet from the router. I need to get the network sharing working that way i can share my vpn network with my xbox. Looking for help 5 days later now:

:)

SpitFire ll, Oct 16, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 16, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Network Sharing Not Working

Network sharing.

Hi SIrwin_62,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Which build version is installed on both the computers?
    2. Are there any antivirus security software installed on the computer?
    3. What is the error message you encounter while accessing the computer on network sharing?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check and confirm the status of few settings, services and features with respect to Network Sharing in Windows 10, to do that, please refer to the reply posted by ‘Roohi_Taj
    from this thread and check if that works for you.

Additional Information.

File sharing over a network in Windows 10’.

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10’.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Network Sharing Not Working

1. Network Sharing Not Working - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Working

2. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  3. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  4. Network share doesn't work as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network share doesn't work as intended: On my main PC, when I try to connect to my other pc I'll call it "SERVER" here through the network tab in file explorer I get the error "Windows cannot access \\SERVER" with the description of "You do not have permission to access \\SERVER".I know network sharing is working...
  5. Network share doesn't work as intended

Network share doesn't work as intended: On my main PC, when I try to connect to my other pc I'll call it "SERVER" here through the network tab in file explorer I get the error "Windows cannot access \\SERVER" with the description of "You do not have permission to access \\SERVER".I know network sharing is working...
  6. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  7. Network Sharing Not Working

Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  8. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Network shares not working on 1803

Network shares not working on 1803: I have three machines on my network and mainly used the printer share. Two of them are on Windows 10 Pro and one on Windows 7 Home Premium. They all used to belong to a single homegroup which was set up on one of the Windows 10 Pro machines. After the 1803 update on both...
  10. Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated

Network File Sharing Is Not Working - Illustrated: (I wish illustrated better, but I hope these are sufficient.) I have three networked computers, named Dell-NB, Dell-380, Dell-660s. All three were upgraded to W10 from W7. None used a HomeGroup as W7 nor do they now as W10. All indicate “This computer can’t connect to a...