Windows 10: network sharing permissions

Discus and support network sharing permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SHRIRAMLIFE, Mar 18, 2019.

1. network sharing permissions

how to sharing drive and network

:)

SHRIRAMLIFE, Mar 18, 2019

2. Network Sharing permission issues in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

• go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System"

• under the "Computer name, domain and workgroup settings" click the shielded "change settings" option (far right)

• on the "Computer Name" tab, press the "Change" button (bottom right)

• rename the computer to anything other than what it is now

• follow the restart prompts

• using another computer you should now be able to use windows explorer to refresh the computers on the network (under "Network" drop list) and access the newly named computer, it will ask for credentials (username and password)
      in my case that is the targets Microsoft id and password, this grants full access to anything shared on that computer

• repeat these steps on any other computer not allowing access on the network
    Keep in mind all of my sharing permissions are open with full control, and remember as an example if A is on A’s computer and he wants to gain network access to computer then he has to enter Microsoft username and password

Also I would suggest you to download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Refer to the link below for more information on how to fix network connectivity issues:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v4h=winxptab1&web-networking-help=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Please share the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    permissions

Hi,

Let's make sure that Public folder sharing is on in Network and Sharing Center. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Manage advanced sharing settings then press Enter.
    • Expand All Networks.
    • Under Public folder sharing, choose Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    • Click on Save changes.

We also suggest you disable your antivirus software if you still encounter the error after following the steps above.

Let us know if the suggestions above help you in fixing the problem.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 18, 2019
  4. network sharing permissions

Shared folder won't give permissions

Hi Joseph,

To troubleshoot your concern with shared folder permission, perform these steps on your laptop:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Under System and Security, click Network and Internet.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center.
    • Click Advanced sharing settings and turn on Public folder sharing.

network sharing permissions 998ca9aa-7151-4a6a-93de-b7f7c6140237.png

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

network sharing permissions

1. network sharing permissions - Similar Threads - network sharing permissions

2. sharing and permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing and permissions: I need help so bad, been to other forums no one answers I bought new Dell PC and I cannot view my own files and folders on my external hard drive, it just tells me I don't have permissions, I have tried to grant access it just won't let me. ugg, Anyone????????? Oh I am new...
  3. Permissions and Sharing

Permissions and Sharing: I just bought a new PC with windows 10 home pre-installed, I have an external hard drive with music and movies and when I try and view or hear one I get, "You don't have permission to view this, I have tried all the online advice and still I cannot even see my own stuff, any...
  4. Sharing permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing permission: Hi all So for Onedrive, the company I work for have made the decision to turn off the share to all share settings. We have an HR admin who wants to share resources with perspective clients via a link in an email that takes them to a folder/files about the company. I thought...
  5. no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network

no permission despite of sharing permission being ON; device not shown in Network: 1... My 1st desktop uses Windows 10, and it has no problem sharing files with my MacBook or vice versa. My 2nd desktop uses Windows 10 Pro. Although file sharing is all on, files cannot be shared to any devices. 2... I have tried fixing this 2nd desktop for...
  6. Need help with Win10 Network Sharing Permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Win10 Network Sharing Permissions: Hello there, I need help configuring network access to remote machine folders. Here is the scenario: my remote machine is at Site-A this machine have several network shared folders, one of which is the location of my projects working copy (let's name it "My Projects") I...
  7. Permissions Problem in Network Sharing

Permissions Problem in Network Sharing: The last Windows update completely destroyed my computer so I had to do a reset and reinstall all of my programs. The last remaining problem is with network permissions/sharing. The other two computers call them 2 and 3 in the office can see my computer and have full...
  8. local network sharing folders permission issues

local network sharing folders permission issues: How do I fix access issues on my local network? I tried doing a full control setting on the other family member network computer. The shared folder shows up, but I still can't get access to the contents of the folder....
  9. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...
  10. Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows How to Backup and Restore Network Shares and Permissions in Windows domain. You can set the permissions of a shared file or folder to allow groups or users to have a read only, change (modify), or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Network Sharing permission issues in Windows 10