Windows 10: Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages

Discus and support Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since adding a computer with windows 10 pre-installled and 2019 updates I have having a repeated issue network sharing stopped working with either a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dustylinn A, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages

Since adding a computer with windows 10 pre-installled and 2019 updates I have having a repeated issue network sharing stopped working with either a power outage/router down or windows updates and which nothing else seems to work except doing these two actions. 1) search computer for turn windows feature on off - then find SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support - expand and make sure all options are checked then 2) search computer for "services app" - make sure both "Function Discovery" listings show as startup type "automatic" - if not double click on the line and change the startup type to "automatic" ONLY after doing those two things does the file sharing work again.

Why do those keep getting reset causing my file sharing to stop with updates or the modem/router shutting down due to power outages etc.

I absolutely need file sharing and windows 10 has cost me a lot of money in geek fees to figure this out - even they say it's become a game with Windows 10 to figure out how they sabotaged file sharing yet again.

(Note this is 3 different computers - sometimes it's my computer with windows 10 pre-installed, other times it's my computers upgraded to windows 10 - so it's not unique to a single computer and the geeks say they constantly have calls about this issue especially for home businesses like mine)

:)

Dustylinn A, Aug 7, 2019

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Panpaper Win User
    How do I stop a windows update, if there is a power outage and I'm on an uninterruptible power supply?

I've read too much about people having problems with their PCs after it shut down unexpectedly during a power outage. So I decided to buy an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).

From the product reviews of the UPS model I bought, most people were saying that they had enough time to save their work and shut down. However, I imagine that if a power outage were to happen during a windows update, is there any way to stop the windows
    update so I can shut down the computer?

The UPS I bought is a CyberPower Ecologic Series EC750G, with 450 W. My desktop PC's power supply unit is also rated at 450 W.

Panpaper, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages

Power Outage

Hi Bill,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which Windows 10 build was installed in your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • When was the system working fine?
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get

back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages

1. Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Stops

2. My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???: So recently I had a very short power outage, about 5 seconds, and when power came back, my pc just stopped detecting any networks? My router is working, my other computer and all devices are able to connect, but my computer not only can’t connect, it shows that there is no...
  3. My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop stop detecting networks after a power outage???: So recently I had a very short power outage, about 5 seconds, and when power came back, my pc just stopped detecting any networks? My router is working, my other computer and all devices are able to connect, but my computer not only can’t connect, it shows that there is no...
  4. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  5. Power Outage

Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  6. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  7. Network sharing stopped working

Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  8. Power outage while working in Wordpad

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Power outage while working in Wordpad: I was about 800 words into a Wordpad document I was working on then the power blipped. Just long enough to turn the computer and the television off. When everything restarted my document has apparently disappeared. In Windows 10 is there anything that might save that document...
  9. power outage while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power outage while updating: while updating, (about 85% complete) there was a power outage and when rebooting i got the message "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is unavailable. I tried windows button with I but nothing happened, i bought the computer with the software already loaded and...
  10. BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after power outage, stop code 0x00000667: Hi, I've had a power outage two days ago, after which my computer kept restarting every time I shut down. Using AOMEI Backupper I restored to a previously made system backup to solve the issue which it did, briefly. Today, when I tried using Display Driver Uninstaller...