Windows 10: network sharing to my pc stopped working.

Discus and support network sharing to my pc stopped working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I didn't change any settings. It was working before. Now other devices on the network can't access my pc through the network. When they ping \\mypc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by link626, Oct 7, 2019.

1. link626 Win User

network sharing to my pc stopped working.

I didn't change any settings. It was working before.

Now other devices on the network can't access my pc through the network.

When they ping \\mypc, they can resolve the ip address just fine. They can connect to other ports on my pc, like vnc and ftp.

They just can't connect through the windows file sharing ports.

When other devices use \\mypc or \\192.168.0.100, they can't connect

i rebooted, I disabled the firewall, and they still can't connect over the network to my pc.

I don't know what could be blocking them

What should I check?

:)

link626, Oct 7, 2019

2. Cannot stop sharing a folder on Network

Hi forum,

I've got a problem in stopping sharing some folders across my home network. Not sure if it matters, but I'm on Windows 10 Pro, running my admin user account.
    Anyways, I have a folder I want to unshare from my network called Pictures2 which I believe is empty. The problem is I don't seem to have access to it even though it seems to originate from my PC.

network sharing to my pc stopped working. [​IMG]

While I was able to unshare the 'Videos2' folder by going into the Properties normally, I can't stop sharing 'Pictures2' from my network even though my computer is the one sharing it. Double-clicking gives a "Windows cannot access XXX" error.

I did notice a difference between these folders which may or may not be important - The Pictures2 folder doesn't have an owner (either that or it can't display it in advanced security settings) while the Videos2 owner was SYSTEM.
    My user account was in the 'shared' list of both these two folders which is strange, as I couldn't access Pictures2 but could access Videos2.
    Honestly I don't know how or when they were even created and I can't find them on my local drive if they're even meant to be there.

I tried using the manual cmd method suggested in another thread but get this:

network sharing to my pc stopped working. [​IMG]

I would like this Pictures2 folder unshared, and if I know where it's located on my PC I can delete it too.

Help?! Any advice would be appreciated.

NZGhostChips, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Groggubus Win User

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. network sharing to my pc stopped working. - Similar Threads - network sharing stopped

2. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  3. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  4. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  5. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  6. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Sharing Not Working

Network Sharing Not Working: I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my PC. I can sometimes get it to work when manually putting in a DNS server on the xbox but when i do that i have strict or...
  8. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  9. Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages

Network Sharing Stops working with updates and power outages: Since adding a computer with windows 10 pre-installled and 2019 updates I have having a repeated issue network sharing stopped working with either a power outage/router down or windows updates and which nothing else seems to work except doing these two actions. 1) search...
  10. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...