Windows 10: Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Discus and support Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brett Middleton, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Hello,

I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and it still does not work. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I could get this to work? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

:)

Brett Middleton, Sep 12, 2019

2. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with sharing of file within the computers that are connected in a network after Windows 10 1903 update.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019 in this

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network sharing.

Hi SIrwin_62,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Which build version is installed on both the computers?
    2. Are there any antivirus security software installed on the computer?
    3. What is the error message you encounter while accessing the computer on network sharing?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check and confirm the status of few settings, services and features with respect to Network Sharing in Windows 10, to do that, please refer to the reply posted by ‘Roohi_Taj
    from this thread and check if that works for you.

Additional Information.

File sharing over a network in Windows 10’.

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10’.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

1. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Unable

2. Unable to delete files on network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  3. Network / File share

Network / File share: I have just about given up trying to share files and folders between computers on my home LAN. I have a desktop PC and a Microsoft Surface, both running fully updated Windows 10. Sometimes, they can see each other in File Explorer under network. Most often they cannot....
  4. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  5. Unable to view shared files on network

Unable to view shared files on network: I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in...
  6. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  7. File Sharing on the network

File Sharing on the network: I want to share files with other specific users on our small LAN (7 PC's). Here is as far as I can get: I navigate to the file I want to share. Right click on the file Select Give access to Choose "Specific people" In Network Access I find my own sign-on is already...
  8. network / file sharing

network / file sharing: Hi I have desktop and 2 laptops running windows 10. Homegroup is not available. I have shared the files / folders I want to use but the laptops/PCs only show up as media devices. I have shared the files exactly as shown on your help pages. All 3 devices can link to...
  9. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...
  10. network file sharing

network file sharing: I apologize if this is not allowed here and will understand if it gets removed. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this. I need this for work. I don't want to have to buy a laptop with Windows just to do this. Thank you everyone. I am...