Windows 10: Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router

Discus and support Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Seem to have an odd problem between my PC running Win 10 x64 1803, my laptop running Win 10 x64 1803 and my TP Link AC3200 tri-band router.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cwburns32, May 28, 2018.

1. cwburns32 Win User

Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router

Hello all,

Seem to have an odd problem between my PC running Win 10 x64 1803, my laptop running Win 10 x64 1803 and my TP Link AC3200 tri-band router.

I currently have a 6TB WD external hooked up to the USB 3.0 port on the back of the AC3200, my laptop can see it just fine through the Network tab (Computer) in Windows explorer, regardless of what band I am connected to. My laptop can see my PC which is on the same network but can't access the PC via my Microsoft account credentials.

My PC, however, cannot see the router nor the external HDD through the Network tab (Computer) in Windows Explorer but can see it as a Media Device that takes it straight to a web browser which shows me how many files are on it but nothing more and see it as Network infrastructure which takes me to TP Link's splash page via a browser. The PC can see the laptop and CAN access it through my Microsoft account credentials.

Both the PC and laptop can see my Sony Bravia A1E on the network as Other Devices. Screenshots attached.

I should also point out both PC and laptop have the network setup as private and have file sharing and network discovery turned on.

:)

cwburns32, May 28, 2018

2. Wifi not connecting to router network

Hi Bruce,

We would like to know more about the issue, please clarify the following:

• You mentioned that it’s only this laptop that is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi automatically, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps with the laptop before consulting us?
    • Have you checked the gateway settings of your modem/router?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop that’s having the problem?
    • Have you tried contacting your Internet Service provider regarding the issue?
    We also suggest that you try the network connection troubleshooter, click this

link
    for the article.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, May 28, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 28, 2018
Thema:

Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router

1. Network sharing, visibility issues between PC, laptop and router - Similar Threads - Network sharing visibility

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. network sharing between PC and Laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing between PC and Laptop?: I have 3 drives on my PC with windows 10. Need to share on of these drives with my laptop with windows 10.These 2 units are placed in different rooms with the same network at home.Thanks...
  7. Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?: So I would like to make a folder and share it between my laptop and my PC and exchange files through it when they are both connected to the same network. For instance I noticed I can share links in Chrome by highlighting them and clicking send to device where I can choose my...
  8. Query related to network sharing between PC's

Query related to network sharing between PC's: I graduated from a technical school with an A.S.T. in Network Administration and Security and one of my instructors, along with I believe a Windows 7 textbook, explained how to network 2 Windows computers together. I performed this at home with 2 computers I had at that...
  9. Network shares no longer visible in Explorer

Network shares no longer visible in Explorer: I have two machines: a laptop (Zebedee) and a desktop (Dougal). A couple of days ago I found that the network shares from both machines were no longer visible in Explorer on either machine. I noticed this after Zebedee (but not Dougal) had been upgraded to Windows 10 version...
  10. Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop

Network sharing problem between desktops and laptop: Hi Guys, This issues has been driving me nuts since the 1703 Creators Update. I've searched the web and tried pretty much everything to fix it with no luck. So I let it slide until now. I've finally decided to raise the issue here to see if the greatest minds in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. visibility issues on desktop and mobile