Windows 10: network & sharing

Discus and support network & sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to access my PC files on my phone. I've downloaded File Manager onto my phone. My PC recognizes my device. When I try to "add a remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nem_52, Mar 3, 2019.

1. nem_52 Win User

network & sharing

I'm trying to access my PC files on my phone. I've downloaded File Manager onto my phone. My PC recognizes my device. When I try to "add a remote location", my computer name comes up as well as the Host # but when I try putting in the username & password, it won't connect. I know there's a step or something I'm missing but can't figure out what it is. Anyone?

:)

nem_52, Mar 3, 2019

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

network & sharing

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

network & sharing

1. network & sharing - Similar Threads - network sharing

2. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  3. Hi - another network sharing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi - another network sharing issue.: Hi - another frustrating network sharing issue. Until recently my wife has been able to access her files on my PC via her laptop over WiFi, no major issues. All devices were powered off recently while we were away from home, come back and suddenly the shared folders which...
  4. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  5. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  6. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  7. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  8. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  9. I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer

I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a printer or print on a shared / network printer: I m using windows 11, I am unable to add a network printer or print on a shared / network printer . please assist in setting up by adding the network printer....
  10. Network Sharing and Passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing and Passwords: I am having a nightmare of a time trying to access shared folders on my two PC's, a Desktop and a NUC acting as a server.Windows keeps asking for Passwords, but I did a new install and I haven't even chosen a passwordI didn't do it as a local machine, I did it online using my...