Windows 10: Network Sharing

Discus and support Network Sharing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 HP win10 1903 I think I have all sharing options enabled on both PCs. Tight VCN works from either machine, but when trying to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burris, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

1. Burris Win User

Network Sharing

I have 2 HP win10 1903

I think I have all sharing options enabled on both PCs.
    Tight VCN works from either machine, but when trying to access the other PC from desktop, it keeps asking for network credentials.
    This is something new to me. Is there a way to disable this so it works as it did in the past?
    Also I don't see both PCs listed under networks using file explorer.
    thanks

:)

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

4. Eric Ber Win User

Network Sharing

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Thema:

Network Sharing

1. Network Sharing - Similar Threads - Network Sharing

2. Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Choosing NTFS permissions for shared drives on a local private network: I FINALLY figured out the solution to getting access to the shared drives on my desktop PC. I had to set the NTFS permissions to include "Everyone". But what if I don't wan't to allow everyone on the network access to these files, and only the user account on my laptop...
  3. How do I share a specific folder over the network without giving complete access to my PC?

How do I share a specific folder over the network without giving complete access to my PC?: I want to share a specific folder on my PC over the network without allowing access to any other files, yet I'm finding in order to share a folder the PC's trying to access it still need to type in credentials to access my PC which also allows them to browse other files. How...
  4. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: I have 2 HP win10 1903 I think I have all sharing options enabled on both PCs. Tight VCN works from either machine, but when trying to access the other PC from desktop, it keeps asking for network credentials. This is something new to me. Is there a way to disable this so...
  5. Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.: I have shared several drives on my desktop pc using advanced sharing - sharing with "everyone" with "full permissions". When trying to access the drives using my laptop, I am able to access one of the drives, as well as the public folders, but the other two drives (the os "C"...
  6. How do I remove a computer from my Network, I used network sharing however mispelt the name...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove a computer from my Network, I used network sharing however mispelt the name...: In attempting to set up a network in Window 10, now that Homergoup is not there, I misspelt the computer name, I have attempted to remove the computer, through File manger and setting to no avail....
  7. Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  8. Network Share Password Problem

Network Share Password Problem: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  9. trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network

trying to share files between computers on the same wifi network: Struggling to share files between my desktop and laptop on the same wifi in the same house. Had no problems with HomeGroup, but that's long gone. File Explorer = share file with Specific Person...all I get is Windows cannot find that person Anyone figure this out?...
  10. Home network, leave one PC on 24/7 to leave network share available?

Home network, leave one PC on 24/7 to leave network share available?: Hello. New user, first post! Imagine I have a typical home network - modem, router, a desktop PC and a couple of laptops. The desktop is Win10, the laptops are Win8. The PC has some files on its hard drive that the two laptops want to access semi-regularly. Is this not...