Windows 10: Network sharing

Discus and support Network sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so I made a bad decision. I renamed my computer from an assigned name after I got a new hard drive. I lost sharing with two other computers in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RLAR, Jul 19, 2019.

1. RLAR Win User

Network sharing

Ok, so I made a bad decision. I renamed my computer from an assigned name after I got a new hard drive. I lost sharing with two other computers in my household. They can share with each other but not me. I followed the directions about right clicking on the folder to share, but when I put in computer name of others, it doesn't recognize them. And sometimes instead of "share with", it comes up with only advanced sharing option and I add user name to share and it has no result. Everything was fine before I changed computer name....all three computers were able to access both public and specific name user files. My husband has a headache having already fixed us up the first time. If I change my computer name back, I assume it won't put sharing back the way it was cuz once I changed new name the old name would no longer be recognized, even though it's still showing up on network list?
    Help please *Sad
    P.S. I'm getting an error code 0x80070035 saying network path not found. I think I had to get on phone with a tech to get me thru the paths when I had this problem a few years ago. I forget how I got that person on the phone

:)

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Network sharing

Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Network sharing

1. Network sharing - Similar Threads - Network sharing

2. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  3. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  4. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  6. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  7. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  8. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  9. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...
  10. Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Mapped Drive over Network Windows 10: Hello. I have searched hundreds of articles it feels like. I've tried regedit, services, network settings for file share, right click to add permissions, etc. so here is there scenario. I have 3 computers+ a workstation at home. My workstation runs 24/7 for a game server +...