Windows 10: Network Shortcut issues

Discus and support Network Shortcut issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My question is why am I unable to use the network Shortcut on my desktop to Enable/Disable my network like it used to work in win7 ? I can disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jetkwon, May 25, 2019.

1. Jetkwon Win User

Network Shortcut issues

My question is why am I unable to use the network Shortcut on my desktop to Enable/Disable my
    network like it used to work in win7 ?

I can disable network by right-clicking shortcut, but the option to enable it, is grayed out. i have to keep
    going to Network & Sharing Options and drill down into Adapters to re-enable network.
    Am i missing something?

Thanks,

:)

Jetkwon, May 25, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 25, 2019
  3. Network Issues

I tried all of your suggestions and it still didn't work. So I decided to go back to basics. Pinging the machines worked- so there wasn't a problem there- so I decided to retry the network setup wizards from scratch- again no result. Pinged again- successful. Utterly stumped I decided what if I just do what Windows is supposed to myself,. I simply used run to open \\192.168.X.X on the other machine and voila the folders opened. So I just made a shortcut and typed in the address into the target. I still can't see Workgroup computers (now on Mshome) and Network Places still doesn't work. Sometimes you just have to do it yourself.....

However, thanks for all your suggestions; I appreciate them.

theonetruewill, May 25, 2019
  4. terrace Win User

Network Shortcut issues

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Network Shortcut issues :)

terrace, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Network Shortcut issues

1. Network Shortcut issues - Similar Threads - Network Shortcut issues

2. Keyboard Shortcut Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcut Issue: Hello, I don't know if i'm writing this in the right thread so I apologize ahead of time. I just recently upgraded to a laptop that does not have the numeric number pad, I have always been able to do the "Alt + 3" to do a heart emoji but now I am unable to do it with the...
  3. Keyboard Shortcut Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Shortcut Issue: Hello, I don't know if i'm writing this in the right thread so I apologize ahead of time. I just recently upgraded to a laptop that does not have the numeric number pad, I have always been able to do the "Alt + 3" to do a heart emoji but now I am unable to do it with the...
  4. SHORTCUT ISSUE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SHORTCUT ISSUE: After changing the file structure of my PC's documents folder, some file shortcuts don't show their thumbnail previews in file explorer; others don't work at all.Is there a shortcut manager/repair application for Win 10 that will fix bad file shortcuts? I have searched...
  5. SHORTCUT ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHORTCUT ISSUE: After changing the file structure of my PC's documents folder, some file shortcuts don't show their thumbnail previews in file explorer; others don't work at all.Is there a shortcut manager/repair application for Win 10 that will fix bad file shortcuts? I have searched...
  6. SHORTCUT ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Issue with shortcuts!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with shortcuts!: hey! I'd like to bring up two of my problems with shortcuts in windows which have been annoying me for years! 1. first one is with the network connections. I'm used to enable/disable my networks by right clicking on the shortcut of the network that I've created on my...
  8. Language shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language shortcut issue: I have a strange problem with my keyboard shortcuts for switching languages. In my preferred languages I only see English. But when I use the shortcut Win + Spacebar I have the options of English United States, Spanish US Keyboard, and Spanish Latin American Keyboard....
  9. Mapping a Network Drive + Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a Network Drive + Shortcut: I'm using this piece of code in a batch file to map the network drive. However, I'd like it to make a shortcut of that folder on the desktop and rename it. What would I add to the code to do that? Also, ideally, it would be nice if this piece of code set the icon for the...
  10. Shortcut issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut issue: Hi guys, I have an issue with shortcuts; don't know how this happen and when... I use two monitors, my main; which is a 23" and my secondary which is a 19". I keep my main monitor clear of folder, files, shortcuts and etc. And use my secondary as a "quick access" to...