Windows 10: Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

Discus and support Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several PCs use the network OK, and the problem PC is only 2 metres from the Router. It shows lots of other networks, but not the one which it should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BARRY WHITE PERSON, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

Several PCs use the network OK, and the problem PC is only 2 metres from the Router.
    It shows lots of other networks, but not the one which it should show, as used by the other PCs and showing in "Manage Known Networks" . I put it there anually.
    Trouble shooter does not help.
    It has been working for years, then just stopped.

Windows 10 Version 1903 Updated auto.

I think it stopped working after an upgrade.

:)

BARRY WHITE PERSON, Jun 7, 2020

2. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

Detected yes but in Manage Known Networks and not in Show Available Networks.

AmarnathWanchoo, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Bree, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

1. Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks - Similar Threads - Network shows Manage

2. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  3. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  4. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Known Network To Available Network

Known Network To Available Network: How to move a wifi network that I want to connect to, from the "Unknown Network" category, to the "Available Network" category. I have it set for "Connect Automatically", but it will not make itself available now, yet I have used it many times before....
  6. Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks

Certain Network Not Showing On Available Networks: As of recently, my HP Laptop has lost the ability to find our specific Network. It Still displays other available connections, but ours is nowhere to be found. Other devices we own are able to connect in the same room but this laptop is unable. Any help would be appreciated...
  7. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  8. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  9. Manage Known Networks not an option

Manage Known Networks not an option: I was finding my computer was having some trouble with the wifi. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me the problem was that I was not set up to connect to a given network automatically. Given that this network is one I used on a business trip on the other side of the...
  10. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

"show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared: hi! all, under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand...