Windows 10: Network Speed

Discus and support Network Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a program "Network Speed Test" from the Windows Store to measure my network speed. EVERY time I use the program for the first time I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aliskander, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Network Speed

I use a program "Network Speed Test" from the Windows Store to measure my network speed.
    EVERY time I use the program for the first time I get an answer for the download speed of about 30 Mbps.
    the following times I launch the program I ALWAYS get an answer of about 200 Mbps
    Which is far more realistic than the 30 Mbps since I use broadband en wired connection.
    other programs (provided by my Internet provider ) give also results in the order of 200Mbps.
    Is there an explanation for this behavior?
    thanks in advance, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Teddy1000 Win User

Improving Windows 10 network speeds

My Windows 10 is pre set to 10Meg, but my network speed is far in excess of this. How do I change the speed to benefit from muvher higher network speeds?

Teddy1000, Aug 9, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Download Speeds

Actually ... no.

First, there's no such thing as a "network status adapter."

Second, the Properties card shows the speed of your LAN, not your internet download speed, which is determined by your ISP.

BulldogXX, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

Network Speed

1. Network Speed - Similar Threads - Network Speed

2. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  3. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok: I am trying to get my 3gbps to work properly. I upgraded my internet from 1.5 gbps to 3.0 and am only getting 1.7 gbps? I cant for the life of me figure out the issue...
  4. I cant get my full network download speeds, upload speeds are ok

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PC Wifi speeds just half of other devices on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Wifi speeds just half of other devices on network: Hi,The Wifi speed of my PC is just half that of other devices on the network.My PC has R7608 Wi-fi 6E 80MHzI have tried the Network troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling drivers and restarting the networking adapter.The PC manufacturer support team tried to fix the...
  6. PC Wifi speeds just half of other devices on network

PC Wifi speeds just half of other devices on network: Hi,The Wifi speed of my PC is just half that of other devices on the network.My PC has R7608 Wi-fi 6E 80MHzI have tried the Network troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling drivers and restarting the networking adapter.The PC manufacturer support team tried to fix the...
  7. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks: Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends...
  8. Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks

Internet Speed Being limited in wifi with specific networks: Im facing wifi speed limitations for 2 wifi networks,the speed is capped to 170KB/s ~1.5Mb/s for both, My phone's hotspot~30Mbps and Fiber250Mbps, Using a IntelR Wireless-AC 9461 - Driver Ver 22.230.0.8, Changing the wifi protocols and bands doesnt help, this only happends...
  9. How to change the network speed display in the task manager to MBpsMegabytes per second...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the network speed display in the task manager to MBpsMegabytes per second...: I often do check the network column in the task manager and its really annoying to have those in Megabits per second format cuz I'm not used to it. Is there a way to change it to MBps format Megabytes per second just like how the disk column is displayed in MBps format?I'm...
  10. How to change the network speed display in the task manager to MBpsMegabytes per second...

How to change the network speed display in the task manager to MBpsMegabytes per second...: I often do check the network column in the task manager and its really annoying to have those in Megabits per second format cuz I'm not used to it. Is there a way to change it to MBps format Megabytes per second just like how the disk column is displayed in MBps format?I'm...