Windows 10: Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name

Discus and support Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I added a new WiFi router with SSID "CC-AV-5G". After which, the hardwired connection when enabled now shows the SSID name instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Loren_56, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Loren_56 Win User

Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name

Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name 49430a1b-d20b-4a30-bc7d-607668bac542?upload=true.png

I added a new WiFi router with SSID "CC-AV-5G". After which, the hardwired connection when enabled now shows the SSID name instead of "Enabled".

When the adapter is disabled, it does update to show a status of "Disabled". Even with the WiFi router turned off, the hardwired status still shows "CC-AV-5G" when the adapter is enabled.

Any help to resolve is greatly appreciated.

:)

Loren_56, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Sujansh23 Win User

Windows 10 not remembering password on hidden SSID (and not automatically connecting). Also previously used (saved) hidden networks do not show the SSID in the wifi list (just says hidden network).

Step 1: Connect manually to the hidden SSID network.

Step 2: Open Network and Sharing Center by right clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right side of your desktop.

Step 3: Click on the name of your wifi connection.

Step 4: When the "Wi-Fi Status" box opens, click on "Wireless Properties".

Step 5: Check the box for "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)"

Enjoy!!!

Sujansh23, Oct 13, 2020
  3. The network name on the LAN shows up as a wifi SSID, is this by design?

Hi Annie,

The network name will be set to one of the service set identifier (SSID) from the Wi-Fi network which is completely separate to your SSID. The Network Properties should include the system's IP address, as well as the IP address of the local domain name service
    server, which is normally the router in a home or small business.

This name can be somewhat uncertain as to how you can change it with domestic routers, and sometimes the only way is to completely reset or refresh the router. If doing so failed to change it, we highly advise reaching out to the router manufacturer for
    further assistance. In the meantime, you can rename it by following these steps:

• Type Control Panel using Search in Cortana.
    • Under Network and Internet, click on View network status and tasks.
    • Under Control Panel Home, click on Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click on Ethernet, then choose Rename to modify your network's name.

If you run into some issues, do not hesitate to reply.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name

Wifi ssid dissapeares

Hi,

In that case, I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one.

Fix #!

Step 1:

Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2:

Click on Network and Internet.

Step 3:

Choose Wi-Fi from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

Step 4:

Click on Manage known networks.

Step 5:

Highlight the name of the network you want to forget (Make sure to find and delete the old SSID)

Step 6

Click on Forget.

Step 7:

Restart PC

Fix #2

Step 1

Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.

Step 2

Expand the list below Network Adapters.

Step 3:

Right-click on your network adapter.

Step 4

Select Properties.

Step 5

Click on the Power Management tab.

Step 6

Unmark the checkbox next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name

1. Network Status "Enabled" replaced with WiFi SSID Name - Similar Threads - Network Status Enabled

2. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  3. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  4. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacement of WIFI network adapter: Hello, I have recently replaced on my laptop the internal wifi mini card RTL8187B - 802.11b/g with a newer LCL-RTL8821CE card in order to try to receive 2.4 and 5ghz signal. The Laptop is an old 2010 Notebook made by Clevo computers model : M77SUA - uPGA 479M recently also...
  5. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacement of WIFI network adapter: Hello, I have recently replaced on my laptop the internal wifi mini card RTL8187B - 802.11b/g with a newer LCL-RTL8821CE card in order to try to receive 2.4 and 5ghz signal. The Laptop is an old 2010 Notebook made by Clevo computers model : M77SUA - uPGA 479M recently also...
  6. Replacement of WIFI network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks: Recently win10 cannot find my home network SSID although it shows 3 neighbouring networks. I have done all the trouble shooting I could find and even updated the driver from the manufacturer website ,but nothing worked. My desktop is the only device that cannot see the SSID....
  8. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks: Recently win10 cannot find my home network SSID although it shows 3 neighbouring networks. I have done all the trouble shooting I could find and even updated the driver from the manufacturer website ,but nothing worked. My desktop is the only device that cannot see the SSID....
  9. Wifi ssid dissapeares

Wifi ssid dissapeares: To get the story straight there are three points to make 1- currently I have one laptop and 4 mobile devices connected to my wifi router on both the 2.4 and 5 megahertz. My problem is that the second laptop is not showing the wifi ssid but shows other nearby signals. 2-...
  10. Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network: Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one ,...